jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Suzanne is back and ready to party on at LinkedIn!

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 20 months ago

Hi everyone, after a little hiatus I am now back for my next round of hubbing (or punishment - just kidding!)

I'm in between jobs at the moment and thought I'd use the time to start thinking about whipping up my next round of hubs.

While playing around on LinkedIn, I noticed that there's a group of hubbers helping each other out with endorsements and recommendations. I've had a lot of luck showing my Hubpages profile to employers regarding my writing skills so thought I'd share some LinkedIn info with anyone who doesn't know about it.

I tend to use LinkedIn as a sort of online resume with testimonials attached. Employers seem quite impressed with it. I've noticed that having a good LinkedIn profile can help you when going for freelance jobs around the world, as well as jobs in your own city. You can search for jobs on LinkedIn and often apply for them through LinkedIn too.

If you haven't done it already, search for Hubpages on LinkedIn in the top search box and then click on the one that's a company with the HP logo. Click the follow button to follow the company. On the right side of the company page under "How You're Connected" click on "see all". Now you'll be able to befriend all the other Hubpages writers without having to go check out each individual profile on here!

If you add Hubpages as a job (eg Freelance Writer) on your LinkedIn Profile, and add some skills there too, then other people can recommend or endorse you and it makes you look more impressive.

I look forward to meeting more hubbers on LinkedIn and to future forum wars (all is forgiven from the last one). Cheers x

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Great tip for Hubbers, Suzanne! LinkedIn is really a powerful tool for demonstrating your professional experience to prospective employers. smile

Suzanne Dayposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I'm learning that! I always liked to treat it as just an online resume, but the more I read about it, the more powerful I'm finding it is.

2. swilliams profile image81
      swilliamsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information Suzanne. I also want to thank you for adding such detailed information!

Suzanne Dayposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Feel free to come connect with me if you need a LI buddy wink

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 20 months ago

Just announcing I have joined the party. LinkedIn seems to be a happening place.

3. John Messingham profile image60
    John Messinghamposted 20 months ago

I use Linked in myself so have added myself to the party. I will send out some connection requests and see how things go.

4. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 20 months ago

Thanks John & Jodah, lovely to meet you on there!

Since last night, I already have a website quote to do from LI, so it's totally amazing how people seem to offer you work on there when you work on your profile and expand your connections wink

I also notice lots of employers seem to advertise jobs on there that can't be found elsewhere in the main job boards on the net.

Here's another hint - go near the main search bar at the top and click on "Advanced Search". Then in the left side panel, go to location and select your own postcode and put in a keyword describing your occupation at the top of the panel (eg I put in "graphic designer"). Hit search and you'll see a list of people similar to you in your area and can browse their profiles to get ideas and see how you compare.

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for that, I'll take a look..