Microsoft is scrapping Internet Explorer

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 19 months ago

The end is finally in sight for Microsoft’s long-fraught Internet Explorer. At the Microsoft Convergence conference Monday in Atlanta, Chris Capossela, Microsoft’s head of marketing, said the new flagship browser for Windows, which was announced in January and is codenamed Project Spartan, will not be associated with the Internet Explorer brand.

While Internet Explorer will still exist on Windows 10 for compatibility purposes, it will take a back seat to the new browser. … nsQuartz11

Will anyone miss it? I have crashes and page freezes all the time and use it as a backup.

1. Dressage Husband profile image80
      Dressage Husbandposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I will not miss it as I already use Firefox and Chrome in preference to Explorer. I hope the new browser is better, we will just have to wait and see. They also announced that for the first year only anyone on Windows 7 or  8 will be able to get 10 for free!

2. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 18 months ago

Good riddance. I rarely use IE anyway, except sometimes at work and for some picky Microsoft websites/services. But in all fairness, they really improved the browser in later versions. I just happen to prefer Firefox and Chrome.

However, since Microsoft wants to shed IE's reputation, will most people see beyond that or see that it's the same thing with a different name?