jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How do we find our Bubblews Friends Online?

1. ketage profile image87
    ketageposted 16 months ago

I used to be really active on Bubblews with hundreds of posts and thousands of followers, Many of my followers wrote exceptional posts that I really enjoyed reading, I wonder if someone is going to create a website for bubblers to reconnect?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 months ago in reply to this

When other sites have closed, I've seen forums created to get those people together again. It happened with Helium and others.   It never seems to work. 

The attraction of Bubblews was not just friendship - people could have done that on Facebook. The attraction was being able to share writing as well, on a site that was colourful and attractive to look at.  Switch to a plain, boring forum and people soon run out of things to talk about! 

I noticed a few people posting on PersonaPaper to say "I'm ..... from Bubblews, any friends here?".  That would be worth trying.

I would suggest doing that on HubPages, but the problem is that Bubblews-style posts are not suitable for HubPages - whereas PersonaPaper does accept shorter, community-oriented posts.

2. innerspin profile image86
    innerspinposted 16 months ago

If you visit a site called mylot dot com, you'll more than likely recognise some names. I've not been there long so can't vouch for how well it works. Hope you find your friends.

I'm fascinated to see MyLot is back.   They stopped paying members in 2013 but it looks like they've started paying again.  It never paid more than pennies - but I suppose that's what Bubblews members were used to, so it may work for them!

1. Gina145 profile image87
        Gina145posted 16 months ago in reply to this

myLot isn't paying as well as Bubblews did in its prime, but it's a lot more than what Bubblews were pretending to pay over the last year.

NO ONE pays anything close to what Bubblews paid in its prime, and never will - because it was paying far beyond what it was actually earning, or even what it's possible to earn in advertising revenue from that kind of site.

working