The Complete History of SErvice GAmes

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image62
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Hey all,

I was going to do a Hub about SEGA...'cause I loved the way they did things back in the day..and I was a die hard SEGA fan during the 16-bit console wars in my childhood.

Anyway, found this via Digg. Its a complete history of the company...if you didn't realize the shame it was that SEGA fell and exited the console market, you will now.

2. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

I may be wrong but SEGA invested too early in some technologies and too late in others and that really hurt them.

Like movig to disc based games first but not getting the backing (Sega CD addon, Saturn) which left it behind the Sony Playstation.

Then releasing the Dreamcast with it's daft controller/memory card/handheld game thing just before the PS2 made it flop.

I do miss the old days when I played Sonic 3 and Road Rash on the Mega Drive.

Considering today is the gameboy's 20th birthday what about the Sega Game Gear? it had full colour screen (albeit with a very limited colour depth/viewing angle) but my god did that think suck batteries down for breakfast! oh, and the fact that it was probably as big as a shoe as well.