Anyone know the Windows 10 system?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 months ago

My new computer came with Win 10 installed, and I'm not totally in love with it...I liked my old XP Pro better!

At any rate, does anyone know how to disable the most annoying new feature that was just installed on the latest update?

Already, it required you to log in to access your own computer; now, it logs you out every time you are idle for a few minutes...half an hour...I don't know..  But it is very annoying, as there are only my husband and myself in the house.  It's not as if its an office computer that has to be protected from access by passers-by or office miscreants.

I'd like to get rid of/disable that feature.  Is it possible?

Thanks for any info.

1. SheilaMilne profile image89
      SheilaMilneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

You have to go to the Windows symbol (bottom left corner of screen), then choose Settings | Accounts | Sign in options.

You will have to choose "change" your password.  You will be asked to enter the password once more then don't enter anything into the new password fields.

At least, that's how I did it.

The instructions here look slightly different. … ws-10.html

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
        DzyMsLizzyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi, SheilaMilne:

Hmm...well, under those settings, I was at least able to find a choice for "never" ask for password when you've been away...however, the rest of the instructions did not work.
        When I tried to leave the "new password" fields blank, it blocked me, and said "this information is required." 
        Then, I tried using the same password I have, and it said I have to use one I've not used before. 
        So, I guess I'll still have to sign in when booting up, but at least I got rid of the stupid re-login when the machine goes to sleep.
        Thanks for telling me where to find this.