jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Twitter Verified Badge Applications Open

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 months ago

For anyone who isn't aware, Twitter has now opened up their verification process so you can apply once every 30 days. You need to meet some specific criteria (including a link to a website matching your name/branding) but I'm sure there are some people here who meet the criteria.

I just received my Twitter tick yesterday. Woohoo!

You can see if you're eligible to apply here: https://support.twitter.com/forms/verify

Hint hint... Hubpages.com should get their verified tick too!

1. erorantes profile image33
      erorantesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you miss WryLit for letting people know how to get connect it to Twitter.  I am already connected for a few years. It is easy and fun.  People love hubpages in Twitter website. I got the greatest comments in Twiter. I love Twitter. I love hubpages too.

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
        Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I looked at your Twitter account. You are not verified. Susannah (WryLit) is talking about getting verified on Twitter. A blue checkmark will appear next to your name to prove the authenticity of your account.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't mess with Twitter enough to do this, but I will say that I become wary of these sites that want you to provide so much personal information.  I'd rather lose views than chance having my identity stolen.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago

Susannah, Congratulations on getting verified! That's a wonderful accomplishment. I submitted my request last month and was rejected. Now that 30 days went by I plan to try again. I have a few ideas of things to say that might help, that I didn't mention last time.

3. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 3 months ago

Can you let us know what the advantages of this type of verification are?

1. agilitymach profile image100
      agilitymachposted 3 months ago in reply to this

+1

2. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The two main advantages I see are:

1. You're more likely to get followers because it's a status symbol.
      2. You get a special "verified" interaction section. This means that if you tweet another verified user with millions of followers, it goes into their "special" notifications instead of into their general (often very full) notifications feed.

working