jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Weird Blogger Issue

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago

If anybody can answer this, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

A week or so ago I linked to a few Blogger posts from one or two of my hubs.  Views went up significantly on those Blogger posts.  I tried again with another one, and the same thing happened.

However, Google Analytics is not showing those numbers, an in fact, is only showing that i'm getting maybe 10 views daily from 25 posts.

Something seems really off here.  Blogger notates those added views as coming from HP, but if GA isn't showing them,  there must be some problem.

Any advice?

1. artsofthetimes profile image85
      artsofthetimesposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I have also experienced same.
      Hundreds of views apparently from HP but not showing in Google Analytics.
      I'm also curious about this.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

They also don't show on Adsense.  Wish someone knew what is happening with this!

2. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

The code isn't placed right on the site?

I put it exactly where it is supposed to be and followed all of the directions.  GA is picking up views, just not all of them.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Wasn't there a thread about something similar a few weeks ago? Something about bots? So GA doesn't recognise them as legit visits?

I don't know.  What I do know is that those views came to my blog from HP when I linked them to some of my HP articles.  It's all Greek to me!

3. NateB11 profile image91
    NateB11posted 2 months ago

I've never trusted GA. It relies on javascript and only counts visits from visitors who've scrolled down to the GA code on your site; plus it doesn't count visitors who block javascript. This is why with my own sites I generally rely on stats from my jetpack plugin or those from awstats from the webhost. Awstats counts the visitor logs and doesn't rely on code.

working