jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon

1. Anita Hasch profile image78
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago

I have joined amazon through hubpages for my hubs. I now want to place amazon ads on blogspot. My amazon affiliate ID has hubacct and  6 numbers after that. Do I use just the 6 no's or do I have to apply for another number? Your assistance will be appreciated.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

I use the same account. But I did create a different tracking ID so that I could track sales.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Does that mean you are giving them a 40% spilt; or does that split happen on the account level at HP?

1. Will Apse profile image91
        Will Apseposted 2 months ago in reply to this

HP don't do anything to your Amazon ID. They just display it 60 per cent of the time on your pages here when you use Amazon ads. If you use the ID elsewhere, HP are not involved at all.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Do they?  I've wondered about that - when HP collects the earnings, at 8.5% no less, how is it MY tracking number being picked up by Amazon?

My Amazon capsules are producing either a hubpagesxxx-20% or hubpages-20%.  Neither is my tracking number from Amazon - that one never shows up.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
            lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I do not use the HP sharing 8.5% thing (not sure what it's called). For that I'm guessing they have a system that generates a unique tracking ID for every account so they know what sales are going through and there's an automated system that gives you a share of the cut.

Amazon does allow big publishers to have more than a 100 tracking ID's.

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think they have to be doing something along those lines.  Whereupon the original question concerning our personal Amazon code on outside has nothing to do with the use of HP programs.

3. Anita Hasch profile image78
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago

Thank you for your help lobobrandon

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

working