jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Question....

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago

I have a couple of programs that are acting up.

If I un-install and re-install them, will that cause me to also lose the data and documents that were created with those programs?

1. PhoenixV profile image80
      PhoenixVposted 8 months ago in reply to this
    2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 months ago in reply to this

The documents you created with the programs will be fine as long as they aren't stored somewhere among the program files that are going to be deleted.  Like if you have them on the desktop or on a USB stick they'll be fine. 

But any settings that are stored in the program files will disappear unless you find a way to export them.  For example, if you created a special template, that might get erased.  Or if you're uninstalling a browser you'll have to export your bookmarks to avoid losing them.  Hope that makes sense.

3. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You can save all your files and documents created in the Google Drive or into a pen drive (USB), etc. and then safely uninstall and re-install your programs.
      I always save my files on Google Drive. It is a very safe place. One benefit is you can access your files from anywhere in the world when you store them in the Google Drive.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Good advice.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Will Apse.

working