jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A better Browser for Windows

1. jackclee lm profile image74
    jackclee lmposted 10 days ago

I just discovered a great open souce free we browser called K-Meleon. It is simple and fast loading and it works much better than Internet Explorer.
    Check it out.
    you can download it  at "kmeleonbrowser dot org"

K-Meleon is an open-source web browser for Microsoft Windows. Based on the same Gecko layout engine as Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey, K-Meleon's design goal is to provide a fast and reliable web browser while providing a highly customizable interface and using system resources efficiently. It is released under the GNU General Public License.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 10 days ago in reply to this

I'm always on the lookout for capable browsers. This one looks better than most. It uses about 10 percent of the memory that Firefox does and has most of the important features. No addons or extensions but that might not be a bad thing given the data those things suck up.

So thanks for that.

jackclee lmposted 9 days ago in reply to this

You are welcome. I discovered this browser while restoring an old Dell laptop running Microsoft XP.
        I noticed the difference in memory usage since my old laptop does not have a lot of memory.
        I compared this browser to firefox while both running a DVD in the background. When the Firefox is running, the music playing would skip...due to the cache not keeping up. While ruuning K-meleon, the songs are playing much better...

2. Aisha  Gaddafi profile image61
    Aisha Gaddafiposted 9 days ago

Hello Jacklee,
    i am Aisha contact me through my email, have lot more to share with you: aishatgaddafi@email.com

jackclee lmposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Aisha, I see you are new to HubPages... It is generally not a good idea to publish your email address here. Hubpages provide a way you can contact each other via the home page...fan letter. This is for your protection as well as others and avoid spam...
      Please email me via fan letter and I will see what information you provide might be relevant.
      Welcome to HubPages.

working