jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

Human Microchip now on TV Commercials

1. thecounterpunch profile image57
    thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago

The mass propaganda has began targeting children in the first place wiuth cartoon, fun and humor:

2. Isabella Snow profile image86
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

Im confused - that commercial is about a TV chip that skips programs parents dont want their kids to see - why is the title of this human microchip? That makes it sound like an ad for micro-chipping people..

1. hedgeek profile image60
      hedgeekposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not to put the thread back on topic or anything, but Counterpunch tends to say odd stuff to peek interest (or perhaps provoke interest).   He got you to sit through a couple minutes of Muppets singing wink 

What I find interesting about all this is that the VChip (what Kermit is singing about) is about 10 years old now and was mandated by the FCC to be installed in all TV sets larger than 13 inches back in 2000.  So Big Brother has been lurking in your TV waiting to pounce since 2000 (unless you still have your old set from 1999).

It's probably a good idea, but I think a good parenting practice might be to watch TV with your kids, but that's just me.

3. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

It does, but wouldn't that be handy?

4. Isabella Snow profile image86

No, it would be 1984 in 2007 and we're already close enough.

5. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

-shrug- the 80's are cool.

But seriously, think of all the things we could do with human microchips. No one would ever get lost again.

6. Isabella Snow profile image86

1984 is a book, not a decade!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What a classic.  Ah, dystopia.

7. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

This is where the generation gap is obvious.

The 80's however, are a decade, and I quite like them.

8. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I would advise you to go ahead and read it. Just to decrease generation gap smile And may be to learn why you don't want human microchips... there are other books that can clarify the issue even further, for example Animal Farm by the same author, George Orwell...

9. Apae profile image70
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

I had to read Animal Farm in English as a text. And I guess now I have to go read 1984. The library's open today ^_^

Honestly, I think microchipping humans would be an amazing thing. Maybe in a hundred years or so they could even fight disease for us or something lol.

10. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Have you ever done anything illegal?

Thought anything illegal?

Ever been somewhere you shouldn't have been?

These are things that could be tracked by a chip implanted in the brain, if you buy in to a little paranoia and conspiracy theory.

I think I'll pass on getting chipped if it comes around during my lifetime.  I prefer to tend to myself, thanks.

11. Isabella Snow profile image86

Ah.. but the FCC has no control over *my* TV... thank God! wink

12. Guru-C profile image55
    Guru-Cposted 8 years ago

I've got a chip in one of my kitties.  Thank God she's never gotten lost for more than a day, because I have no idea where I put the code information.  I wouldn't want a chip in me, because someone probably would definitely have the code.  Not that I do anything... illegal, except maybe swimming in my condo's pool after hours. If there were a chip in me, that would mean there were chips in a lot of others and I'd hate to be one of the pod people or a Stepford Wife...

13. ads4free profile image61
    ads4freeposted 8 years ago

Human life must not be created for the purpose of destroying it.
    The plan includes new menu items and new TV commercials. smile

14. kashifmahmood profile image62
    kashifmahmoodposted 8 years ago

The ad is fine but the title of this thread does not convey the same message !