jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (36 posts)

How do you get a fake IP address?

1. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Am just wondering, how do you get a fake IP address that shows you as being in a different country?

1. Christoph Reilly profile image86
      Christoph Reillyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cindyvine, I'll tell you but you have to tell me what you find. OK?

This shows you how to do it right from your computer with no-hassle. It's a video and is a little hard to follow, but if you watch it carefully a few times, you'll figure it out. There is no sound or narration:

Or, you can use a proxy server, but that's probably not what you're looking for since they cost money and will show a different IP every time you use it, nor can you say what country you want it to indicate (I think.) But this explains a lot: 

And finally, one such proxy server's website:

Don't forget. I want to know.

1. Pinocchio Visitor profile image60
        Pinocchio Visitorposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The most comfortable and easy Traffic Generator for FREE.
        Pinocchio Fake Visitor: http://fakeip.ru/

Download From WebSite

2. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If your only desire is to get by country specific filters (not looking for anonymity) you just need a proxy site, there are tons that are marketed towards myspace and facebook users (as corporate intranets freq block access)

you essentially just browse through that site, rather than your own browser and the site you are looking at read your ip-as the site owners instead.

such a method is ONLY good for the purpose of getting around a country block - if your up to clickfraud or want to be anonymous you'll want to invest in your own dedicated proxy server

The TOR plugin for fiorefox can simplify the process for you...but google blocks it!

tell me the country you want to be in and i can send you a link

1. 60
        anta25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

just now i'm surfing from Batam , Indonesia.
        my question: can you help me to set my desktop seem have USA IP address.
        thank you in advance for your replay.

3. freelanceworld profile image59
      freelanceworldposted 7 years ago in reply to this

May i know why u need to do that?
      Just send me a mail... i may help you out

4. accofranco profile image77
      accofrancoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

try and read my new hub on this,i explained it, but for one country alone.When i recover from malaria attack. Take care.

5. 60
      john helpposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
        Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would imagine after 4 years, this is a non issue for her now.

6. 59
      chicken soupposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can hide your IP using an external proxy server. This could mask your real IP with a fake one that shows you as being in a different country. Aftet having VPN service,if you want to know your fake ip visit http://www.ip-details.com/

2. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

I am not a techie, but I believe that you can use proxy servers to hide or change your IP address fairly easily.

Maybe one of the techie types might know a little more smile

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I would like to know as well as I didn't realize you could do this, I always learn something new.smile

4. ngureco profile image85
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

You can tell a trusted friend in a different country to do it on your behalf.

5. 0
    MangoGirlposted 7 years ago

If you choose to install tor, then after installation you have to restart Fire Fox.

Then go to Extra > Switch Proxy > manage proxies > add > standard > next.

Fill in:

Next enter the following information into both the HTTP Proxy and SSL Proxy fields. Hostname: Port: 8118. Set up any proxy exceptions you may need and then click on OK.(Do this also for the proxy label)

Choose in Firefox > extra > switch Proxy > Preferences > and apply "show toolbar"

Now the toolbar will be shown in FF.
    Choose proxy, your proxy server you just filed in:

for other proxys go to: http://proxy.org/tor.shtml

When done, go to www.watismijnip.nl and look if youre IP is different from above.

6. cindyvine profile image84

wow, thanks for the info MangoGirl, you are good at this!  Adsense won't recognise my Chinese address as being valid so won't let me join even though it is my real address.  I'm leaving here soon and wanted to give them my next address but that won't work as they automatically recognise my IP as being from China, so I have to give my address in both English and Chinese and no way around that.  Was wondering if I could somehow change my IP that Adsense don't see it as China, that I might be able to sign up.  Ahhhhhh, but even with MG's step by step instructions on how to do it, it makes my head hurt.  Need a coffee.  Am too untechnical!

7. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Cindy, are you trying to go on the lam again???  Running from the law is not a good idea.  And if you're going to do it, then you probably shouldn't discuss your evasive tactics in the public forum.  big_smile

8. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I worry about a topic that asks about getting a false ip, just seems a bit suspect and sinister ?

9. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

LMAO Cindy some people are good at this, what were we just saying haha. I had no idea you could do this either, damn no-one else think of doing it, I am up to my eye-lashes in all my undercover detective cases already, oh well this is the cream on the pie, now what we going to do Cindy ROFL

10. blondepoet profile image80

BC we are undercover agents....

11. cindyvine profile image84

Yeah, Blonde and I work best under cover lol

12. cindyvine profile image84

BC, are you calling me suspect and sinister?

1. 61
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dont be daft you dick, well sinister yeah but who isnt lol.

2. 0
      MangoGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have to defend BC. He was only implying it.

13. blondepoet profile image80

No shrewd and crude ROFL....I have to say I can't rely on my IP theories anymore...am going to read my mail Cin.
    Yes Adsense can be a right pain with certain countries,hope they will accept you now Cindy with the right IP

14. cindyvine profile image84

ah Mango, with that hunky body he doesn't need anybody to come to his rescue!

1. 0
      MangoGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm at his beck and call, nonetheless. smile

1. 61

Thanks Mango ; )

1. AEvans profile image73
          AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Interersting ...:::::::::::::::::::::::::smile

2. 61

I dont need a hunky body, I work on intellect which in life always puts me one step ahead of any game, doncha think ?

15. Paper Moon profile image81
    Paper Moonposted 7 years ago

Cindy is going to be a stalker

16. cindyvine profile image84

All I want is to be able to do adsense like everybody else.  I also want to earn a $1000 a week!

17. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Cindy you need to not just have an IP address in a recognised country - but also a mailing address -which they definitly use before they will pay you and  probably a ph number as well - not sure on the last.

18. Shalini Kagal profile image78
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

Lissie's absolutely right - if it's for Google Adsense, don't go thru a proxy. Maybe asking a family member to do it for you from their computer with their address would be an option.

19. chinweike profile image50
    chinweikeposted 6 years ago

I don't personally buy the idea of changing IP for any reason. Any program that does not accept people from my location is simply not worth the stress.

20. climberjames profile image59
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

Try Peerguardian . . .

21. 60
    Phred Mannposted 2 years ago

I may be a bit late throwing this out there, but proxy web sites are an easy way to appear to have a different ip address.  If you don't mind paying and also want a bit of security, you can use a VPN to encrypt your traffic and route it through a server in the country of your choice.  That server's IP address will then appear to be yours.

22. Anamika S profile image73
    Anamika Sposted 2 years ago

I use Hide My Ass ... also known as HMA when I do not want google to see my foot prints when promoting my content. HMA is a monthly service. You can get unlimited web proxies with the service to surf online anonymously, hide your IP address and protect your privacy.