jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Microsoft ordered by a judge to stop selling Word?

1. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Not that I truly care since I already own it, but check this out from www.lifehacker.com:

"Finding that Microsoft had violated a patent on Custom XML usage owned by i4i of Toronto, a Texas judge ordered Microsoft to stop selling any Word products within 60 days that use XML coding in any way�which is pretty much all of them at the moment. Microsoft plans to appeal the injunction and $290 million in damages, and likely won't lose the ability to sell its flagship product. Still, it's not exactly great timing for a day when Microsoft planned to announce Office availability on Nokia phones. Update: The All About Microsoft blog explains in more detail the Custom XML issue at the heart of the court decision."

Evidently, someone at Microsoft forgot to dot their I's and cross their T's! LUV it!

1. 0
      Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They have a whole department devoted to "forgetting"

1. lxxy profile image60
        lxxyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes, I'll never forget myself when they were absent minded enough to not re-register Microsoft.com. Such a groovy day that was...

2. BrianFanslau profile image61
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

Woot FREE WORD!!! I can stop using Open Office for my article creation tongue

1. White Teeth profile image61
      White Teethposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Psst...Open Office kinda sucks...I prefer Office 97...

1. darkside profile image84
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Open Office rocks my world.

3. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Still seems odd the way it was laid out.

4. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Like who cares?  I'm still using Works....

5. 0
    Tech Stud(ly)posted 7 years ago

This makes me smile smile I use Microsoft Office on my mac, but I hate it because it is slow and disfunctional.

6. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 7 years ago

I don't have a problem with that since I still use Word 2000.  It is great and I don't have to pay for a new upgrade.

7. chellmill1212 profile image60
    chellmill1212posted 7 years ago

Word is just a word processor, who cares. You type something and it appears. Open Office works just as good and I'll stick to using it because its free and effective.