jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Flash Player Help, please

1. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 7 years ago

I recently updated to the latest version of Internet Explorer and now my flash player won't work. When I try to play a video clip on Youtube or play a flash game I get this message:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I followed the link and installed the latest version of Javascript with no success. I have checked the browsers settings and javascript is enabled. I have cleared my cache, turned the computer on and off etc, all with no effect.

Can anyone suggest a fix? Thank you in advance.

2. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

switch to Mozilla firefox. IE is so bad, and bad for you.

1. cngamemart profile image59
      cngamemartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's acceptable,
      if having an interest of game,there is a common topic we have

3. jmatts profile image60
    jmattsposted 7 years ago

What video are you trying to play? If it's from Facebook, you must have gotten the Koobface virus (actually worm). If not, then great.

Get the Adobe Flash Player from their website as there are many rogue softwares available now. Once you do, restart your computer. And yes,I'm not a fan of IE myself. I love Firefox and Chrome better.

4. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your help and advice. After multiple re-installations of flash I still cannot get it to work, so I took your advice and switched to Firefox. Everything works great. Microsoft just lost another user.

5. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

IE 8 is a version that gives a lot of trouble for everything. Anyone I talked to around town says keep 7. Of course personally I use Firefox and will never leave it.