jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

Is there anyone who is familiar with Photoscape. After viewing the features I downloaded it- three times. I cannot open it; and I find that there are no instructions. Any suggestions? I need a photo program to straighten some photos[not Picasa as I am having trouble with it] and to edit some videos.I would appreciate any help as I have tried- even bought software- and I am batting zero with them.

1. brad4l profile image82
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The Gimp is a program that offers most, if not all, of the same features as photoshop, but it is free.

Gimp stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program

2. thranax profile image57
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

The best photo program is Photoshop. Videos can't be edited with photoshop and it is kinda pricey. If you want a free photo editor (allows you to rotate pictures) I suggest Paint.Net, click on the right. Its windows only, sorry mac people.

3. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

You can also download a free version of Adobe Photoshop, in most instances its only a 30 day trial, although I have friends who've downloaded a free version.  I also understand that Photshop Elements is good too.  I have Photoshop CS3.  If its a simple photo fix, you might check the software that came pre-loaded on your computer (depending on age of your computer) Windows Photo Gallery will allow you to do simple fixes.  My daughter has also used one of the preloaded Widows Media programs to edit video and add music.

If you want to purchase software like Photoshop and you have kids or are a student, there are several websites that sell the programs for student rates.  You need to prove you are or have students.