jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A gripe about eBay advertising

1. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

One reason I haven't written a Hub in a long time is that eBay cancelled my ad account because, they said, there was no activity on it. They said I could create another account, but I figure they'll just close that one, too, so why bother? I can't write tons of Hubs all the time in the hopes of keeping my ad accounts. I never made a cent. The most I've "earned" was 7 cents. I guess I'm not looking for a solution or advice here, since there probably is no solution. I just want to air my complaint. Didn't see a complaint forum, specifically. Anybody else having similar problems?
    The situation is just discouraging to me, that's all. I don't know why eBay won't give a new Hubber a chance. Does it cost them money to have their ads on my Hubs?
    Thanks for listening.

2. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 7 years ago

i applied for an account and they turned me down giving me a log list of multiple choice reasons. i have also read at the forum something to the effect that they were no longer going to do business with the hub or accept anymore applications.i may be wrong but i suggest that you check with someone that still have an account with them.don't take it personal, when one door closes another opens.

3. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 7 years ago

Me too- I've just been turned down by ebay with the standard rejection e-mail,I was not surprised though. This post/topic might interest you http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21642.
    Guess the e-bay link capsule will not be needed in my hubpages.

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I got it a long time ago, I guess its grandfathered to an extent because I never made money with it nor do I get many clicks.

5. heller profile image60
    hellerposted 7 years ago

was rejected and even although I was over 200 @ 100% feedback seller on Ebay so I'm not sure what they want although I heard a rumour they were re-jigging the whole deal as regards affiliates.