jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Advice for Portable Hard drives

1. qbanmamiof2 profile image60
    qbanmamiof2posted 7 years ago

HI all, Thank you in advance for all who help me here.

I have a business and my main computer with all the accountability already started to crash and I need to buy a portable hardrive to back up all files immediately.

I'm stuck in between 3 of them. Please help me make an educated decision thank You.

Stuck between the Toshiba 500 gb VS Seagate 1TB prt VS WD my passport essential 500gb.

2. qbanmamiof2 profile image60

Anyone???  Please

3. qbanmamiof2 profile image60

NO ONE !!!! sad  preeetty preeetttyyy pllleeaaasssee with a cherry on top

4. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

I have a Toshiba (3 years).  Very reliable, and no problems switching between MAC and Windows OS.

5. qbanmamiof2 profile image60

Thank you ediggity. smile

6. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I have Iomega DA-30C01.  Also Notebook Western Digital Scorpio.

7. bloggerad1970 profile image59
    bloggerad1970posted 7 years ago

I have a WD passport.  Very classy, compact and hasn't let me down for the last year or so...

8. rajan1311 profile image55
    rajan1311posted 7 years ago

I got a transcend storage jet. Its pretty good. some of my frens have a WD. Both are good, pick any.

9. shanekruger profile image60
    shanekrugerposted 7 years ago

I have no problem in Toshiba and i am satisfied with this brand.

10. bulletbutter profile image60
    bulletbutterposted 7 years ago

I would advise against the passport. Even though I own 7 of them I can't recommend them for work use. I say that because they are not very durable. I have dropped a few of them several times.

While the drive still works, the case has cracked and isn't all that durable. The quality of these things are not worth their convenience.

11. frans240 profile image60
    frans240posted 7 years ago

I have 3 external hard drives. I do a lot of computer repair and computer help myself. Thing is, eventhough these external harddrives are an option for backup, they still are hard drives, meaning that they can stop working too! due to overheating or just simply fail. Depending on HOW much data you need to backup every month I suggest either use the 16GB usb memory sticks (these will be very durable!!) or look for online storage ..

Hope this info helps....

Ohh and the external HD brands are:
    Toshiba, Maxtor and Iomega

The maxtor is so far the best (for me)

12. queenbe profile image61
    queenbeposted 7 years ago

I have a WD Passbook and I don't like it at all. I am constantly getting error messages with it and because I did not start using it until months after I bought it the Free Trial of 90 days to Sync programs has expired and so has the warranty. You can partition it into 2 files IF you go online and find their page and follow their directions and blah blah blah Too much of a hassle. I should have just got a stick.