jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Best DVD Players

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Mine just died.  It was a Sony and lasted barely a year.  What are the best brands for the best quality and price?

2. akirchner profile image94
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

My husband and I have a "theory" and I'm not sure if it is sound or just because we are cheap!  We always try and find not the BEST (although in some things it can matter) but not the cheapest because it always seems to come back to bite you - as in 1 year and it's shot.  Something above middle ground - and you can also do research on line to see which brands are rated best/middle/worst.  Then I always do a price comparison and I prefer Ebay (if new items) or Amazon (same) - and then I try and get a match at a local store if at all possible so I have a place to return it to if a problem.  We have Standard Brands here even in the STICKS and they will match anyone's price which is kinda cool! Hope that helps!

3. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

DVD Players are no longer something you'd rather worry about in regard to "price."

They're all made by some youngin' in China, and unless you have a wicked surround sound system or a hi-def television than I wouldn't worry too much about spending a lot of dough on it. They can be had, just as players, for generally around 30USD and often cheaper.

Personally, however, I loved my Apex. Played everything that you could put on a CD or DVD (yay for hackable firmware) and it's not failed me yet. Paid $150 for it several years ago, however, and the saying goes..they don't make'em like they used to.

4. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I always buy the cheapest.

5. Mr.Feelgood profile image60
    Mr.Feelgoodposted 6 years ago

go 4 either SONY or SAMSUNG!!!!!!!! they both r really worth 4 their price...

6. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 6 years ago

Philips is the best