jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Hub Page Should Make Some Changes

1. shanekruger profile image59
    shanekrugerposted 7 years ago

I think that hub pages should make some changes like below 75 they are providing no follow. Should Change it, other wise no benefit from link building prospective.

What you guyz think?

Should Change it OR Not

Shane Kruger

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It should stay you become a better writer and strive for success when you have goals to reach. Life is not that easy nor should hubpages be. smile

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it's an excellent speed hump. If you can't produce the quality, you don't get the rewards.

In fact they should bump the hub Hubscore threshold back up to 50, maybe even 55. And the Hubberscore threshold should be 80.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree: I can't believe how poorly some write here.

2. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago

What's the hub score restriction for links?

3. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

I didn't know that was the case, it kinda makes sense though after checking some of my hubs in google.

I agree with Darkside though, if it is bumped up back to 50 it will benefit all good hubbers. Alot of low quality hubs contribute to bringing down the rest on a whole, if it was higer then we all would benefit from this.

4. thefinancestudent profile image70
    thefinancestudentposted 7 years ago

I like it the way it is because it requires Hubbers to not be lazy and scares away the spammers.  The score is what causes Hubpages to be so great for link building.  If you cannot keep your score above the 75 level, then build links elsewhere.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I prefer the higher standards. Hubpages is not intended to be a link farm.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

6. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

I agree, up with the standards.

1. anjalichugh profile image88
      anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Me too. HP is all about standards and I'm glad to be a part of it. smile

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I never seen any of my published hubs going back below 60. Well, frankly below 65 I think, but just to give it a safety cushion - 60 will do for me. smile

8. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

Well, I think the restriction is more for "our" benefit and not so much YOURS.

9. spease profile image85
    speaseposted 7 years ago

I agree, they should not be lowered.  It does make you write better.  I have gone back and fixed some of my first hubs to make them better.  I want all of mine to be over 70. That is just my goal.

10. Shalini Kagal profile image79
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

Amen smile

11. Rhianni32 profile image82
    Rhianni32posted 6 years ago

Keep the current standard. 75 is ridiculously easy to get. Just put up some quality and be an active member in the community. Even add in a 50 per hub standard.  You almost have to TRY to get below a 50.
    Lots of other article sites that dont have standards fall or of favor with google and thusly hurt the link building that the OP is talking about.

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree