jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Do you think that Voip or voice over Internet Protocol really helps?

1. soni2006 profile image46
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

I have recently created two hubs sharing knowledge on Voip technology and phones and would like to inquire from other like minded people about their opinion, so what is your opinion....

1. chamilj profile image60
      chamiljposted 5 years ago in reply to this

VOIP calls really helps specially for countries with high International call charges.

2. c2mtech profile image61
      c2mtechposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I also have posted my first hub on VoIP phones and I strongly believe that VoIP phones are the best to use in office for all communication needs.

2. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

At some point, every thing's going through one or two pipes.

If you've digital phone service (which most everyone does these days) it's a protocol like VOIP, being that it's sent in a signal of ones and zeroes.

The differences are the carrier (cell phone, etc) and the technology it uses to encode/decode.

It's amazing, though, that you can virtually get IP/TCP to do anything. Gooo DARPA!

soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the additional info. I didn't know that before....

3. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago

I work for a VoIP provider who uses a porta-one based SIP stack.  What kind of information are you looking for?  Are you talking about free pbx systems like asterisk, phones, SBCs, codecs?

What are you looking for?

soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, can you create a hub on free pbx systems??? I would like to know many things about them.

4. soni2006 profile image46
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

I know a lot about VOIP now and I have published around 10 hubs in the voice over IP category but can anyone tell me that  ---

"What is COIP????"

1. jponiato profile image82
      jponiatoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Communications over Internet Protocol" - basically, multimedia in addition to voice.

1. myi4u profile image61
        myi4uposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i assume when skype starts to allow video calling, it will be called COIP instead of VOIP service?

my current mobile service provider 3 network allows users to use Skype for free. I wonder if that will still be the case when video is added into Skype application.

5. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 6 years ago

VoIP service is one enjoyable feature included in the Virtual PBX system. Very cost effective tool in communicating with people abroad.

6. Sarah Connor profile image59
    Sarah Connorposted 5 years ago

It depends on what VoIP is being compared to, the old style dedicated circuits or P2P.  Personally, the telephone dedicated switched circuits has a guaranteed level of quality and reliability that is still hard to beat.

VoIP has become increasingly popular over the last dozen years since it was introduced in Israel.  However, the ever popular peer-to-peer (P2P) solutions like Skype have also grown.

This article contains additional information: http://itechguide.com/index.php/VoIP/Vo … -Home.html

7. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Ugh!  Our company just went to VOIP recently.  We're now more limited than before.

8. 60
    ipnetworkgodposted 5 years ago

yes no doubt that voip is future of the communication technology and so many advantages are provided by it

9. transinata profile image79
    transinataposted 5 years ago

we all know that the quality of voice would be lower than the regular communication method.
    But, the important part is the price which is very cheap especially for some developing countries