jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Feeds versus URL's

1. Cheri Schultz profile image66
    Cheri Schultzposted 7 years ago

I go to alot of bookmark sites and list my Hub Url's.  Instead of listing each one individually can I just do my RSS Feed?  Will I get the same results?  I am not sure how the bookmark sites will interpret the feed versus the direct URL.  Thank you for your help.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I don't know what sites you are talking about, but I don't know of many (if any) sites that will allow an RSS feed.

3. Cheri Schultz profile image66
    Cheri Schultzposted 7 years ago

There are RSS websites that do allow feeds.. example: Feedplex, feeds4all, but some would only take URL's instead of feeds.  I submitted both just to be sure they were accepted

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

feedagg.com, feedage.com, feedest.com, and feedbite.com are a few more.  I used these to get squidoo lenses indexed faster, but my hubs are getting indexed pretty fast.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference as I still backlink individual hubs, but I've only been here a month.  Someone may have a better answer

Cheri Schultzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What are squidoo lenses?

squidoo.com  Lenses are their hubs.

It's a web 2.0 site similar to HubPages, but there are significant differences.  I like HubPages better.

darkside has a good comparison hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Squidoo

Just copy and paste the url of a hub into the google search box.  If it doesn't come back with your hub, it's not in the index yet.  I've had lenses take a week to show up without any sort of promotion, but my hubs have been showing up within 48hrs.

Wow - You are right.  My most recent hub page is already indexed and I created it less than 48 hours ago. Since you are a wealth of info - could I ask you another question? Do you ping all your url's or do you ping just your feeds?  I only ping my urls

I haven't done any pings.

working