jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Cuill the new search engine

1. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 8 years ago

I just published a new hubpage on Cuill.  If you guys and gals have any more information about the new engine post it to the site. Thanks big_smile

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Never heard of it. I honestly think there are enough search engines. What one has the other does too. I'll go check out you hub, though.

3. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

This one's not up and running yet.

4. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 8 years ago

The search engine is due to be launch soon -- 2008.  You can read all the info I found about Cuill on my hub.

5. blerim profile image60
    blerimposted 8 years ago

Looks like a social bookmarking site.

6. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 8 years ago

I have to admit it's pretty difficult to dislodge Google. Ask.com has tried, recently, with its new multimedia layout, but Google's algorithm when it launched was so much better than anything else out there, it has really cemented in people's minds as the place to go to for searching. Most of the time, it really is uncanny how well it delivers what you're looking for.

I know that Wikipedia and Mahalo have tried to mount new search offensives against Google but I don't see them as becoming anything more than repositories of high quality info.

Yahoo probably has the best search engine besides Google but they're having their own set of problems these days... roll

7. johnr54 profile image68
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

I had taken look at search.wikia.com after it launched, but it's not clear what the advantage over Google is supposed to be, unless it's the fact that it's open source and so can be localized and tailored for smaller engines ala wikipedia.  It hasn't replaced Google for me yet.