jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

SEO

1. nilum profile image72
    nilumposted 7 years ago

Hellow readers, i'm thanking you advance to answer me
    I have a blog for which i want to do SEO, Can someone really guide me about it, I need some software and when i try to download it demands money which i really can't afford, i have tried as much as i can in the following
    commenting
    link exchange
    back links
    unique content
    following
    meta tags
    yahoo answers
    and many more tricks which i read or new online by reading forums or articles, now i want to use some softwares, can some one guide me about right seo software, its name or download link or etc..
    I'm getting 50-80 auto visits per day and my target is at least 1000
    I'll be highly thankful for your help, you may also guide me about articles which you have seen online, i would read them too for getting my target

1. 0
      Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Taking your paper money article as an example:

Set a 'description' meta tag - It's a keyword-rich, two-sentence summary of your page content as it shows up in search results. Setting it simply to 'information palace' is bad. Try googling your article title and see what I mean.

Too many non-page-specific keywords in 'keywords' meta tag. Use only 6-8, and ones that are relevant to the content of the page.

What are all these sidebars with h2 tags? Are they really necessary?

The one keyword (paper money) is overused IMO.

The canonical url in <head> does not solve all content duplication problems.

I think you might want to consider reading a book on basic SEO.
      These are really just some problems I can see. I'm not SEO expert though. smile

1. nilum profile image72
        nilumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am really confused about these things you said

Try googling your article title and see what I mean.
        Too many non-page-specific keywords in 'keywords' meta tag.
        Use only 6-8, and ones that are relevant to the content of the page
        What are all these sidebars with h2 tags? Are they really necessary?
        The one keyword (paper money) is overused IMO.

I think you have much knowledge of SEO it's different thing that you are not seo expert, can you please suggest me some meta tags or things to build traffic, im really confused- i couldn't get your point actually

1. 0
          Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not familiar with blogger.com, so I don't know how exactly to do this, but there must be an option to set page descriptions. If you can't locate it, always start your posts with a 2-3 sentence summary that contains your key phrases.

Keyword meta tags are not so important. Hubpages doesn't even use them as far as I can see.

Use only one h1 tag (found in the html editor, if there is one) - for the main title; use h2 tags for subtopic titles containing your keywords. Also, don't use h4 if you don't have h3.

Your keywords (3-5 per article) should make up about 4-15% of your text. But it's better to tend towards the lower end of that spectrum.

To see what's output in the html go to: view -> page source in firefox or use firebug plugin. If you use firebug you can click on any element of your page and it jumps you to the respective part of the html code.

But the best advice I can give is this: don't just rely on forums to learn SEO. Either read a book or use the internet to educate yourself about it. Here is a great list of the sources I would recommend:
          http://tips.webdesign10.com/search-engi … zation.htm

2. Brian Leighton profile image74
    Brian Leightonposted 7 years ago

I think you have everything covered already and if anything, I would advise going back over your list again with a view to increasing QUALITY Backlinks that are some way related to your content, ensure that your Keywords match the content text and that your meta description is not too short for the individual pages. I would strongly advise that you stay away from automated site submission tools and instead maybe look at Google Webmaster Tools. This tool will tell you how Google views your blog website and indeed will help you optimise certain aspects with soem helpful tips.

1. nilum profile image72

Thanks for helping me out, i would surely work on it, about automated url submission i have tried some trial basis softwares and for link building :-( i really get tired in finding a person whose really interested in..
      Can i ask here someone for link exchange in hubpages forums to those who have blogs?
      i read on a site that link building is most important as compared to find the sites for matching content with yours, what do you say about it /

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Hi Nilum,
    I'd highly recommend Axandra's Internet Business Promoter. There is a free version and a paid version. I started with the free version then upgradedd later on because I wanted full use of the features. I've found that it pays for itself in no time.

You'll find a link to it on my hub: Increase Page Rank for Google Search. I've been using this software for over a year and I think it's damn good!

1. nilum profile image72

Thank u, i just try to find it for now and download it

working