jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

where to get a good DVD Ripper

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

.......................to be continued

1. 61
      G Kingsnorthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1987 I bought what was top of the range in DVD Recorders one with a 250GB Hard Disk, The model was a Sony RDR-HXD1065 HMDI That cost £526-00 from a reputable High Street Dealer in Hythe Kent.  On unpacking it it did not work properly and the shop agreed to replace it  with another machine. After 14 Months it failed to work properly. I contacted the shop dealer and he agreed to get his Electrical Eng to look at it with an up front fee of £30.Two weeks later I was told that the cost to repair would be £160. I agreed for the repair to be carried out. This by a proper Sony repair agent. On receiving it back two weeks later it failed to work again after one weeks use. So I again contacted the shop who said I should return it. It was then subjected to further repair which the good nature of the shop who agreed to repair at there cost. This was for the sum of a further £124.  This repair also failed after a further week at home.
      For the third time I returned it to the shop. This was now December 2008  I never got the machine back until June 2009.( Un Repaired) I had in this time made numerous phone calls to the shop to find out what was going on. In the end the shop wanted to replace the hard drive with another machine but this was for an 180GB Hard drive. I said that this was not why I bought the machine in the first place. I wanted it replaced with a 250GB Hard drive. The next message was that they could not get the parts for doing the repairs required. The machine was subsequently returned to me  in an un repaired condition. However the shop did refund my original £160. I now have £525 DVD Recorder that no longer works and cannot be repaired according to Sony Engineer.I have written  several  letters to the Sony Company Head Office in the UK. to there customer care but with little or no sympathy, they say as the guarantee has expired there is little that can be done.  I explained the fact that this was now a piece of useless equipment and was now destined for the skip.
      What an expensive experience Sony has been for me. Never again will I buy any Sony Product until I get some satisfaction. .  Can you give this some further publicity  just like the recent Play  Station episode melody?
      There has been a lot of corrispondance between Sony UK  Customer Care but there has been no help or a satisfactory outcome. I may never buy another Sony Product ever again. Not untill I get some better attention

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image60
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

Try Googgling it.

3. pioneer_writer5 profile image60
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

Are you looking for a DVD Ripper program for your computer or a DVD recorder?