jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

ITouch - info please

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

My son wants an Itouch for Christmas.  There is obviously a huge price difference between the 8g and 32g, but other than the amount of music they hold, is there any other difference.  I'd prefer to get the 8g, can't imagine why he'd need more than 1700 songs or if he'd ever get than many songs.

Your thoughts?  He is 14 and it will be his ONLY gift.

1. Dheeraji profile image60
      Dheerajiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello there, well firstly the main difference between the 8GB and 32GB version iPod touch is simple, the 32GB has voice control settings where the user can speak into the earphone -mic, and control the media. This function isn't available on the 8GB.

And secondly,writing from experience the larger the memory the more the user can enjoy the product, as I have had my iPod touch 16GB for over 2 years now. But it is nice to have the extra memory but 8GB would be enough for the needs of a 14 year old this Christmas.

2. Demmonix profile image61
      Demmonixposted 7 years ago in reply to this

8g, I have A 16 g iTouch and I dont even use up half the memory. So he'll be fine big_smile

2. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it! smile

1. Dheeraji profile image60
      Dheerajiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your very welcome Jeffrey Neal

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

think about what you can afford reasonably. teens are tough because they always want expensive gifts. 8gb should be adequate for a 14 yr old. smile

[jane, I remember those days!!]

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Rebekah, all he wants is an ITouch, hasn't asked for anything else.

My daughter has convinced me to go with the 32gb.

2. profile image61
        urbansurvivalposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I too would recommend the 8 gig - plenty of room~

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image87
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

I don't have the touch version, but I will say that more space is better.  I wish my nano had more storage, and now with people using these devices for video as well as music, the additional storage is nice to have.

Either way, that will be a very nice gift. smile

4. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 7 years ago

what you've got remember is he's not only going to download music on it, there will be photos and videos, so the more memory the better. Maybe 8gb will be ok for a 14yr old, and it may be too much, so i'll leave it with you.

5. Bredavies profile image72
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

I would just like to say..There is an app where you can move your car by touchng the screen. You can open the door turn it on and move it FROM THE TOUCH SCREEN!!!!

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image87
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL...There's an app for that...lol

6. hubber-2009 profile image61
    hubber-2009posted 7 years ago

There are lot of question raising in the minds of the users about how to get more apps and how to use it effectively etc. Here I have provided some FAQ about this product.

http://hubpages.com/hub/apple-itouch-3g-faq

working