jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How to increase virtual memory in windows?

1. technocrates profile image60
    technocratesposted 6 years ago

Is there any way to increase virtual memory in windows OS....

2. Mr.Feelgood profile image59
    Mr.Feelgoodposted 6 years ago

yes there is a way to increase d VIRTUAL MEMORY in windows OS..follow the steps given below :-

1. on your desktop there should be MY COMPUTER icon..
    2. right click on that icon and a window pops up.
    3. in that window select ADVANCED tab.
    4. now you'll find SETTINGS button under Performance category.
    5. click on the settings button and another window will pop up.
    6. in that window click on the ADVANCED tab ..
    7. there u'll find the virtual memory option with the CHANGE 
    8. click on the change button and their you can modify the settings.

1. technocrates profile image60
      technocratesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey thanks a lot mate!!!!
      good to know the trick..it Works...But still I am facing the problem With some of application on my computer...Such as internet explorer is not working the same way as it was before...

1. Mr.Feelgood profile image59
        Mr.Feelgoodposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey the problem with the Internet explorer is very common..So I would recommend u to use mozilla firefox instead of IE as it is more stable and FAST when compared to IE..but if u still want to use IE then remove IE from ur PC first n den reinstall it..that will definitely help u!!!!

2. sweetmir profile image41
      sweetmirposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey u also update your IE with latest version. Because may there is problem with your version which you using.

3. Doky profile image27
    Dokyposted 6 years ago

Check out this hub for a complete guide

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-increase … -memory-xp

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doky, I was checking out your hubs to try and determine why your hubscore was so low and it seems you have copy pasted articles you have published elsewhere on the net. Hubpages will penalise you for that as its considered duplicate content. It might be a good idea to re-word your articles here. When your score raises you will get more traffic.

1. Doky profile image27
        Dokyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah i do on ehow, but moved here since they take so long to publish articles. But will do, thanks a lot for the info will change it soon.

4. chinweike profile image51
    chinweikeposted 6 years ago

Thanks all. I have learnt new stuffs today

1. yoshi97 profile image88
      yoshi97posted 6 years ago

Here's some advice from and old Joe who has been fixing PCs for some 20 odd years now ...

You might have a virus or some malware - or you could just be low on RAM or virtual memory. Here's what to check - in order:

First off, follow thecomputerpeeps advice. If that doesn't completely fix the issue do the following:

If you have Internet Explorer 8 installed, uninstall it. Use Internet Explorer 7. I know someone else recommended Internet Explorer 6, which is very good, but some sites are beginning not to work properly with version 6, making version 7 a better option.

If you have Windows XP, make sure you have at least 1Gb of RAM. If you have any less, I recommend a RAM upgrade. And if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 then I recommend at least 2Gb of RAM.

If the issue still occurs after making sure you have enough RAM, run a malware check. Malwarebytes has a free program on the internet that works really well. Google it, download it, install it, update it (make certain it's totally up-to-date) then perform a full scan. It will take a few hours, but it should make a tremendous difference.

And if you're looking for a new web browser I recommend Firefox or Chrome. Firefox is more robust and Chrome is much faster. Also, Firefox is great for people interested in SEO, as there are a lot of SEO plugins for Firefox. As for Chrome, it lacks some plugins, which can cause compatibility issues, but again, it's really, really fast.

I hope this helps. smile

2. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Two other things to check.
      1. Go to task manager on your task bar and open it, go to performance and make sure your CPU usage is not up too high. If it is check Processes. It will show you which program is hogging your CPU usage which can be the problem. If IE is using most of it, check for malware.

2. Check your hard drive space. If it is getting low, the memory will not use the swap file properly, so delete temp files and clean up your drive. smile