jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (23 posts)

Anyone using a smartphone (n97/ iPhone etc)?

1. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

Just progressing from ordinary mobile to phone that is much cleverer than me. Would love to hear people's thoughts. I ended up choosing the n97 (Nokia).

It should let me manage emails and online social networking while not at my PC.

1. 0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No I'm not. Let me know what you think of this phone a few weeks from now.

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I still have the original iPhone. It's been thrown around and dropped a lot, but it still seems ok externally. I think the old screens were more durable than the second gen iPhone. It's got decentish memory, I keep a fair few apps, mostly games for boredom, I have around 900 tracks on it, but rarely use it for music as my iPod currently has 9500 tracks on it smile

Main issue: No longer works as a phone due to be busting the speaker by dropping it etc.

Basically, it's great, if you're careful. If you're me, terrible idea. smile

1. 0
        Audreveaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you make many many calls ? I found that I really didn't need a plan with high call value b/c I just wasn't making many. I'd call from a landline instead. B/c I'm a tight@rse mainly.

2. 0

Will do. Might not be too technical an appraisal though - more like, oooooooooh shiny!

3. liswilliams profile image59
    liswilliamsposted 6 years ago

this will help you a lot, will keep you extra-busy, but definitely worth the upgrade

4. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

One of my daughters has an iPhone, and she loves it. Took a while to get used to it, tho, and she can do almost anything on it that she could do with her pc. Well, not everything, but social networks and the like.

1. kmackey32 profile image82
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep. I love my Iphone.

5. 0

The Nokia one has like 32 gb of media storage for music and stuff  - so it pretty much takes care of any need of an iPod as well.  The iPhone probably has something similar (though maybe they don't want to cannibalise their business too much by totally blending product lines).

I think it will help keep on top of everything.  Hopefully I can get into the habit of using it on the fly during time that would otherwise be wasted.

6. Going2Oahu profile image60
    Going2Oahuposted 6 years ago

I have an iPhone and can't imagine life without it!

1. jossecarr profile image61
      jossecarrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

iphone business app is what i like most.

7. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm finally into the 21st century by getting a Samsung Intrepid.  I can write and read hubs on it on the run!

I wrote a hub on it BTW big_smile

<insert plug here>

8. 0

Nice! It looks like a BlackBerry http://hubpages.com/hub/samsung-intrepid-review

(I don't see why we can't paste the link - the thread wasn't started for self promotion & it is relevant)

9. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

I have a Blackberry, but it's nearly 2 years old. I can't live without a smartphone...wanting one of the new Android phones.

10. livelonger profile image91
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

I've had an iPhone (3G) for the past year and a half, and generally really like it. I did jailbreak it so that I could enable 2 really important apps (SBSettings and Cycorder). However, AT&T (carrier) is really awful where I live and I constantly have dropped calls, inability to make calls, texts arriving several hours later, etc.

I just bit and bought the Google Phone (Nexus One) so I look forward to getting that up and running soon.

11. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Samsung Mythic, my wife is loving it smile

1. 0
      Audreveaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it this one http://www.technotalks.com/reviews/sams … 7-reviews/ ?

That's one spunky phone! My Nokia is a bit girly looking by comparison.

@livelonger - what's the jailbreak thing? Does it not work right out of the box?

12. 0

I plan to treat shiny, wondrous phone with nothing but kindness.

Now that my eyes have been opened, I see iphones everywhere I look. I tweeted about my choice of phone and now I have followers who think I'm a high value geek.

Yeah - I'm so savvy I just found out about smartphones and discovered how they actually work (if I'm honest, the details are still a bit hazy... but shhh - switched on techo-geek here).

13. 0

Success! posting from smartphone.

it's nice to have finally joined the 21st century.
    btw, the Qwerty keypad is fantastic...almost like normal typing on a laptop.

14. 61
    darel60posted 6 years ago

I am looking forward to buy new nexuscell phone with an elegant skin so i searched on internet regarding this and came through this website http://www.decalskin.com , Is this website is really good in providing cell phone with nice skins?

15. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 6 years ago

For me any smart phone will do as long it is capable of organizing call management system and can handle well features such as call forwarding, voice mails, access to internet fax and many more.

16. natken profile image61
    natkenposted 6 years ago

17. BlissfulWriter profile image84
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

It is now summer 2011 and I am still using a dumb cellphone and have not switched.   But I think at this time, I have to switch to smartphone.