jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is anyone using PeopleString and if so is it any good?

1. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

Someone sent me a message on Facebook:
    ...Are you also on PeopleString? If you are, add me as a friend. If not, send me a message and I will send you the link to sign up...

Should I join PeopleString, is it worthwhile?

It's so nice to have a forum here where I can seek advice before wasting my time. Thanking you in advance,

1. aguasilver profile image87
      aguasilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What on earth is people string?

It sounds like one of those wannabe social networking sites that will swipe your address book the moment you let it have access to your computer, (i.e. open the email) and send the same message to all your friends.

I always contact the 'friend' they say joined and ask THEM if they even know about whatever has sent it to me, 9 times out of 10 they have never heard of it, except they received the same email and opened it, and BANG, your address book gets swiped.

If you are on gmail. just do a filter on the thing and let it be sent missing the inbox and deleted, or (even better) have it sent back to the same address that sent it to you!

1. Sue Adams profile image92
        Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Thanks aquasilver, I'll wait for more posts to make sure you're right. Glad I din't follow it up yet.

1. aguasilver profile image87
          aguasilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I don't say I'm right, but the last time I got one of these that's what it did to me!

Just be careful....

2. GoldiString profile image59
    GoldiStringposted 6 years ago

Hey Sue, I dont know a PeopleString..but I know one GoldiString. <----- wink Have a good day.

3. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

OK Thankss everybody. I'll leave it well alone. Isn't it great that we can consult each other in this way before making the wrong decisions.

4. 81
    Cheez Writesposted 6 years ago

I haven't tried PeopleString, but it's supposed to be a social network that pays you to participate, similar to Yuwie.

5. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I haven't heard of it and not sure I want to, if it means getting more emails than I need to. lol lol lol

6. cjmo75 profile image60
    cjmo75posted 6 years ago

Oh my gosh!  I simply asked for more information about People String and without thinking, filled in the slot where they asked for my cell phone number, thinking it was just a technicality to get the info.  Boy was I wrong!  They call me 6 times a day every day and ask if I want to join!  I've asked them 10 times to stop calling, but it seems they won't until I join.  I'll have to join just to get the calls to stop.  Not a very good way of getting participating users.  They've already left a bad taste in my mouth.

1. PeopleString profile image61
      PeopleStringposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image85
        CrystalStarWomanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I joined People String a month or so ago, but haven't had time to do anything much about it. I don't really know what it's about, or what to do with it hmm

I'd be interested to know what's to love about it?