jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

Do you use Bing or Yahoo?

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

2009 saw the launch of Bing, even amidst a ton of hype the take-up hasn’t been as good as Microsoft would have wished for. However, it will be interesting to see what will happen later in 2010 when Yahoo starts showing Bing results and search moves from 1 big player and 2 small players to 1 big player and 1 sizable player. 

Do you use Bing or Yahoo? Are either your search engine of choice or are they used as fallback when Google fails to come up with suitable answers?

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Fallback only, except for a day here and there when the entire concept of Google seems icky.  Then both Bing! and Yahoo!  seem a bit livelier and get my searches for a while...lol

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Google took out their local listings to search and have recently observed difficulties trying to find info. Hope that won't last tongue not sure about bing but do enjoy Yahoo! big_smile

4. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Didn't know that about Google local.  But then, I hardly ever do local searches anyway, so.....

5. jfreemon profile image59
    jfreemonposted 6 years ago

Google is my sole provider. Bing takes too much time to get indexed for any keywords. tongue

6. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

hardly use Bing but I did find a fellow hubbers new year celebration article the other day on second position in Bing rankings.. thought that was kinda cool to stumble upon a hub that far up in the search ranks.. but I mostly use google

7. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

http://blindsearch.fejus.com/ an interesting site that removes all branding from search results and displays all three search engines serps on the page at one time. You can then vote for the results you find most relevant, you might be surprised.

8. ashlee.adward profile image62
    ashlee.adwardposted 6 years ago

Bing ... I rarely use Yahoo for searching .. though I use yahoo'a other services ..

9. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I use Yahoo (second to Google). I've tried Bing a few times but it's not something I use daily.

10. Chin chin profile image91
    Chin chinposted 6 years ago

I rarely use Yahoo.  I have never used Bing.  I did use before a toolbar which displayed search results from Google, Yahoo and Microsoft but the results were limited.

11. 0
    Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

Bing is awful. Yahoo is OK. Google is 100x better than the aforementioned.

Stick to Google.

12. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

They both bring me traffic smile

13. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

14. lovelife999 profile image60
    lovelife999posted 6 years ago

i use yahoo for mailing and never used bing. for search Google comes No-1.

15. readytoescape profile image62
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

I use both as well as google and ask. And Like Misha I am getting hits from all of them.

16. flread45 profile image82
    flread45posted 6 years ago

I use them all,but Google is much faster..

17. ohkennyabi profile image82
    ohkennyabiposted 6 years ago

use Google 99% of the time, 1% yahoo, bing never.