jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

hubpages and money.

1. lovelife999 profile image60
    lovelife999posted 6 years ago

maximum of us are here to earn money through of writing skills.
    tell me what is difference between hubpages and starting your own blog..?

1. andromida profile image74
      andromidaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages itself is a blog where you just have an account for blogging. For owning a blog you need to buy a domain name and just install Wordpress or any preferable blogging software to start your blog, own solely by you-where you might allow others to create accounts like hubpages allowed you to create your user name lovelife999.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No it isn't!  A blog is a place where you make lots of short, frequent posts. 

Your HubPages account is not a blog, because each Hub is much longer than a blog post (typically 400 - 1500 words), and stands alone (although you can write a series on related topics if you like).

A Hub is not a blog either, because you write the whole Hub in one hit so it's complete from the moment you publish it.  You might go back and tweak it later, but you don't keep adding to it like a blog.  If you have more to say on a subject, you write a new Hub.

2. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is not a blog.

2. tutemaven profile image61
      tutemavenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages allows you to post your content to the web without having to pay hosting fees or to find or develop tools to drive traffic to your content. Thereby developing a list or network just by writing.

3. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am using HubPages for 3 reason. One reason is for revenue generation. I've never given credibility to any of my writing. I leave that to others.

But, thank you for posting this. smile Have a great day! smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Hub Pages is not a blog...

3. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Hubpages gets an automatic boost in google-worthiness, so you are more apt to get views than if you just start your own blog.

1. Ricky Covit profile image59
      Ricky Covitposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages has a lot of authority in the eyes of Google so if you want to rank well for some keywords then hubpages will rank higher without much effort initially. Thn you need to send links to take the position even more higher.

That said your own site will take effort to build and then reach a good position in SERPS. The benefit is that you wown everything. Though initially you may not be earning much and still paying for the hosting etc.

4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is a stand alone page by page site. Not a blog.