Blog Fiction

1. Rose West profile image91
    Rose Westposted 6 years ago

Is anybody into blog fiction? Does anyone know if it's worth it to start a blog with just fiction?

I have this idea for a blog in which I post very short fiction stories all centered on one theme. (no I won't tell you the theme :p)

Other questions come to mind, like which blog site is the best? How do I get started?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As you probably know, a handful of people have been spectacularly successful at blog fiction - but of course, there are millions who've gone nowhere! 

The difficulty with blog fiction is that no one will know your blog exists unless they're searching for it - so you have to ask yourself, who will search for my stories and why?  If you can't think of a reason, then you'll get no readership.

If the stories are very short (less than 3,000 words) then you might do better to post them as Hubs, then create a Capstone Hub to link them all together.

1. Rose West profile image91
        Rose Westposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your tips, Marisa. That's a great question. Yes, I think I do have the possibility of people finding my particular stories through search engines. That's a good idea about the capstone hub. I'm still dwelling on the possibilities.

I really like the blog format, for the topic I'm thinking of. I think it could take me quite a while to work through the entire theme. If I post twice a week, I figure on 2 years of writing. That's a lot of work, and I'm debating whether I should give it a go at all. Not that I'm not up to the challenge...