jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

What iPad Means for Future of Computing

1. screation profile image81
    screationposted 6 years ago

When I picked up my iPhone over the weekend, I had an epiphany. I was using the LinkedIn app to confirm an invitation to connect, and it hit me: This is the future of mobile computing, the mobile web � the mobile experience.

2. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

I'm not so sure the ipad and similar devices are going to be as big and as revolutionary as some are saying. You can already do most of the stuff you can do on an ipad on an iphone or other smartphone. People who want an ebook reader might get one, or people who use a laptop on the go for simple tasks might like the ipad as an alternative. But the fact that its to big to put in your pocket will limit it's appeal.

3. Sagarika Rath profile image60
    Sagarika Rathposted 6 years ago

iPad will definitely have an impact on the way we read books and use our notebooks. by this we will be able to save considerable amount of trees as the usage of paper will be reduced. apart from this i am waitin to see the impact it has on computing.

4. Minnaloushe profile image78
    Minnalousheposted 6 years ago

"Once we replace the personal computer with a closed-platform device such as the iPad, we replace freedom, choice and the free market with oppression, censorship and monopoly. Imagine what life would be like if your personal computer functioned like the iPhone. You’d have to buy all your programs through Apple, and if Apple didn’t want you using something like, say, Google Voice, Abobe Flash or Microsoft Word, then you’d be out of luck. Oh, and multitasking would be a thing of the past. Sounds great, doesn’t it?"

From Here

I agree.

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image79
      Has_aWayWithWordsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ok so here is the thing, iPad can lead to many similar devices just like the iPhone did. Amazon had the kindle before Apple had the iPad, so I don't look at this as a monopoly. This is no defferent than the hold Microsoft has had on PC users for years. I personally think that using the Kindle and the iPad as models many companies can come up with similar tablet devices that could change the way the world reads newspapers, magazines, and any other print publication that is wasting TONS of paper products every day. This could be the greatest "GREEN living idea" ever. I have written 3 hubs about the iPad and the possibilities of e-newspapers and such, I for one am all for it.

1. screation profile image81
        screationposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks to all of you to suggest iPad, i read about it, it is really cool device with great features.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

As an Apple user who at this time is not the slightest bit interested in a cell phone and who still doesn't own a laptop, I'm very interested in an iPad.

I've been contemplating an iPod Touch, but why have something that small when they've just invented the bigger version of it.

6. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

hmm, I just got an ipod touch for christmas and I'm still learning it, now this ipad... does anyone have one? 

relache, definitely go for the ipad, while the touch is nice, a bigger screen is nice.

7. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I've been looking at an itouch... too bad it doesnt call!!

This video is hilarious, watch it:
    http://www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=IPwzKEdXLhg

8. Trusted Marketing profile image61
    Trusted Marketingposted 6 years ago

iPad seems to be a bridge to  future computing. Useful and versatile.

9. gramarye profile image61
    gramaryeposted 6 years ago

It looks interesting - not sure I'd want to carry it around unless I had a bag to carry it in. That bag would need to be quality leather and fashionable. Not yet available in the shops that I've looked in. Until I can carry it around comfortably, I won't be getting one.

10. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you can write on an ipad and converts your handwriting to print?  If there's a way to integrate that, I would find the ipad really useful.

1. kephrira profile image59
      kephriraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there's bound to be an app which'll do that.

11. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Future ? Nah, add multitasking else it'll not push ahead. other than that tablets needs to be robust if gamers and writers wish to push the screen more than it's lifetime.