jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Fax Through Computer

1. m.zeshan profile image60
    m.zeshanposted 6 years ago

Can any one tell me that how can we send fax through our computer?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you have a combo printer/scanner with a fax funtion? That can do it.

2. 0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you want to send something on your hard drive you can also use a service like eFax.

3. jossecarr profile image59
      jossecarrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to subscribe for internet fax service. Your chosen provider will supply you with the necessary applications needed for the service. This one would only require an internet connected PC.
      There are many providers who offer such service like efax, send2fax,docuharbor and ringcentral.

2. m.zeshan profile image60
    m.zeshanposted 6 years ago

Yah i have scanner, but i dont have combo printer.

3. janewang profile image60
    janewangposted 6 years ago

If your pc's OS is windows xp proļ¼Œand you have a internal modem or external modem, you can send fax or receive fax by "fax service" of windows xp pro.  Read this article,it could help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306657

1. jossecarr profile image59

Your link is very useful.
      But I guess you still need to subscribe for the internet fax service in order for you to avail of the online fax number.

1. ngureco profile image85
        ngurecoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You will need to subscribe for the fax service because the ISP on the other end will not pay for the phone charges to carry the fax from ISP to the fax machine.

4. 0
    Tom Maitlandposted 6 years ago

I remember back in the days of dialup you could send fax straight from your computer because you had that phone line connection, perhaps you can do it now with ADSL? Either way, as Rochelle said you need the fax function hardware connected, but what's wrong with an online service? UTBOX is another good one, they're all quite cheap too.

5. robertphillip profile image60
    robertphillipposted 6 years ago

These days sending fax has become even more easy than years ago. Now you can send fax from your computer very easily and fast as well. You just need a printer, yes a printer that supports fax function. You can get many of them like all-in-one printer and more. You can than connect it to your computer, install the drivers and than start sending fax through your computer. You can make choice between Inkjet Cartridges printer or Laser Toner Cartridges/laser printer whichever is suitable to you.

6. climberjames profile image61
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

The company I work for uses 'starfax' its ace, just send it as an email and is received as a fax.

1. jossecarr profile image59

Yes, internet fax allow users to send fax as an attached file in an email. File formats usually in PDF or TIFF formats.

7. jamesarden profile image59
    jamesardenposted 6 years ago

yes, you can send fax through computer also but you need to subscribe fax services when first time i use this, http://www.thesupportonline.com experts help me.

8. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Three is some real confusion  here.

You do NOT need to subscribe to anything if you have a fax modem, internal or external.  You aren't going through the Internet so ISP's are not involved.  Using your computer in this way is no different than hooking up a fax machine, except that you never need to print anything.   

Many of my customers use business faxing software like Vsifax or Hylafax, and again, no subscription service is needed.  That kind of software can support multiple modems and has strong customization features.

However, you may prefer the convenience of an Internet fax service.  I certainly do; I have used Jcifax for many years.  Faxes come directly to my email and I don't need  to dedicate a phone line as I did before these services existed.

I still have an old fax machine.  We use it when we'd need to scan something and have no other reason to - it just saves a step.

9. jossecarr profile image59
    jossecarrposted 6 years ago

I came across this site http://www.internetfax101.com/ that compares different internet fax providers.

10. saifkhatri profile image59
    saifkhatriposted 6 years ago

I have Published "Compare best 'Fax to Email' and 'Email to Fax' Services" hope it will help you.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Compare-best-Fa … x-Services