What is the best cell phone in your opinion?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (57 posts)
  1. dogluver1 profile image58
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

Hiya guys,
    I don't know which one is the best, but I like the droid and LG env Touch.

~dogluver1

1. starme77 profile image75
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

t-mobile gravity 2

2. Anti-Matter profile image61
      Anti-Matterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy my HTC Hero. The battery dies pretty quick and it can be sluggish, but it's nice. My next phone will be an Android phone still thought, I really like it.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

'What is the best cell phone in your opinion?'

The one I can sell first

3. profile image55
    probafixposted 14 years ago

Apple Iphone 3GS..

4. jgw899 profile image58
    jgw899posted 14 years ago

I don't think you can go wrong with a blackberry

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My girlfriend is going very wrong with a blackberry lol cuts out her calls all the time.... I still want one though, hopefully I can afford one in a couple of months, being able to check my emails and facebook that easily on the move really appeals to me...

5. dogluver1 profile image58
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

nice phones....

6. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

The best cell phone is one without a contract and where the sim card is interchangable in other countries (i.e., not locked). I also limit features to what I'll definitely use. So nix the camera and internet features. With my present phone I can call anywhere in the world at the same price for calling down the block. As a self-employed journalist I buy what I can afford.

7. CheapMobilePhones profile image59
    CheapMobilePhonesposted 14 years ago

I Prefer AppleiPhone. User Friendly GUI and One Touch Access to my applications.

8. L3B0 profile image61
    L3B0posted 14 years ago

Simple.
    iPhone.

smile Haha, its gotta be an iPhone. With all the apps available you can do anything in the world technologically possible. Its a computer & more in the palm of your hands smile

9. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

one thats turned off

10. Csjun89 profile image61
    Csjun89posted 14 years ago

iPhone!

11. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I still like the chocolate...simple and just what I need

12. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 14 years ago

I like my Rant. I don't text much (maybe a few times per week), but when I do I type a message really fast due to the design.

1. jas_pk2000 profile image60
      jas_pk2000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try on my HUB Pages .... See the latest One

13. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man, TMI sunforged.  lol

14. randpropz profile image60
    randpropzposted 13 years ago

iphone? how about that?

15. diabetesreporter profile image70
    diabetesreporterposted 13 years ago

Probably the Google Nexus One. I'd recommend just about any phone that uses the Android operating system though. Unlike with the Apple iPod, most of the apps available for it are FREE, and the list is growing every single day. The next Android Operating System update promises to have some great new features as well, including the built-in ability to tether itself to your computer for 3G data reception just about anywhere in the country.

16. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 13 years ago

I have a touchscreen and find that it's just such a hassle to unlock the screen, press in the right place etc. It's forever self changing and switching screen orientation from portrait to landscape etc.

I miss my old slidey phone. No more early adapting for moi.

17. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 13 years ago

For me, the best cellphone is the one with capabilities to back up business phone system. It should be the kind that can handle call forwarding, call screening,voice mail,internet fax service and many features of the PBX system.

18. climberjames profile image58
    climberjamesposted 13 years ago

iPhone 3Gs for shiz!

19. profile image53
    menchronoposted 13 years ago

Really the only one is the iphone... whatever version u had..
    i just warranty that when u have this phone in ur hand n use  it for 1 week, then u never gonna see other phones

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

None! lol

21. goodscoolzhuwh profile image58
    goodscoolzhuwhposted 13 years ago

iphone 4 is my best cell phone.

22. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

The best cell phone is the one that is turned off.

23. kiarichiki profile image60
    kiarichikiposted 13 years ago

Iphone 4 is awesome but it has some drawbacks glass on the back side and reception issues so I think Motorola Droid X and HTC EVO 4G and HTC Incredible are better than iphone.

24. birellar profile image60
    birellarposted 13 years ago

I like to use Sony Ericsson Handsets.

25. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

One that makes phone calls, and can send and receive texts.....thats the phone I have., and that is all I use it for

26. easyguyevo profile image69
    easyguyevoposted 13 years ago

It's all about the apple iphones, all of them! Well, I never used the iphone4 yet but i am sure it will be awesome! 3Gs rocks!

27. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 13 years ago

This is not the best opinion because, frankly, the only smart-phone I've ever used (well beside the HTC Touch Pro which I could not stand) is a Blackberry.

It does everything I need it to do, gives me access to google apps and google mail, and almost always has signal.

I can also say that the latest iPhone problems, e.g. the "death grip," have convinced me I made the right decision.

28. FuzzyCookie profile image73
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

1) Blackberry
    2) iphone
    3) any sony ericsson

29. bpos.media profile image59
    bpos.mediaposted 13 years ago

the iphone 4

check out my review http://hubpages.com/hub/reviewing-Iphone-4

i got the phone less than a week ago and i'm fully satisfied with my purchase. best operating system, fastest wifi, bright crisp and clear display. the icons look like they're floating. and as far as reception issues and antenna gate, calls are just the same as the 3gs or any other smartphone ATT has to offer. people have to remember. we are all fully connected in this day and age. it's not just a phone you're carrying. its a computer with internet access that can fit inside your pocket. that's amazing

I read an article recently stating that apple has been humbled. not at all. the only reason droid and blackberry users have even close to the amount of iphone users, is because they've got multiple devices over several different networks. apple only has 1. the Iphone on ATT. now that's awesome

30. profile image51
    blademodemo1posted 13 years ago

Nokia! all of them except 3100 and 6200 smile And If you ask I have a hub abaut it!

31. MrKnowledge profile image60
    MrKnowledgeposted 13 years ago

Sorry for all the iPhone fanboys but I'd have to say the Moto Cliq. Android has had multitasking abilities from day 1, the only thing that it's lacking is the multitouch screen.(the Nexus1 has it, though) This is my 3rd Android phone, and this one has MotoBlur, that synchs up everything that I have, Twitter, Facebook, etc etc. Just about any app for the iPhone is available for Android. To make up for the lack of the multitouch screen, the Cliq has a keyboard. I haven't had any remarkable problems with any Android phone, except maybe when I have over 1000 text messages in a thread, it tends to get a little sluggish. Sure, the iPhone has the capability for more storage, but it gets a little excessive. With a 5mp camera that's taken over an hour in video, and 500 pictures, I have yet to fill up my 8GB card, with 1GB of music. I'd have to say that so far, the Cliq is my favorite, I'm glad I gave up my iPhone for the G1

32. mobilephone guide profile image59
    mobilephone guideposted 13 years ago

1) Anything Practical (not easy to break, scratch and has basic calling and messaging)
    2) I prefer it has cheap prices. (mobilephones are incredibly easy outdated)
    3) It has good Music Capabilities, nothing shocking or trendy, just enough to output good quality sound.

That's all. I just loved the Sony Ericsson W810, but that was ages ago. Most phones today eat lots of battery power and I just hate charging  every now and then.

Anything specific?
    hmmm to me, Samsung M3510 is all that I need (best of luck getting a good one). But if you like high spec'd ones, try Sony Ericsson Vivaz or Blackberry 9700, it's tough and a great phone no doubt. And if you like Samsung Phones, Samsung S8500 Wave is a good pick.

Good luck finding YOUR best cellphone. (because it really depends on what you WANT and NEED)

33. Queen007 profile image41
    Queen007posted 13 years ago

Hi, Hubbers!!

If you want to know about the latest phones you got to see this:

1.- Mobile Phone Monopoly EVO-4G1:

HTC EVO 4G is what had appeared as Supersonic HTC and will be the first to use the WiMax network operator so Snapdragon processor coupled with 1 GHz speed seems that is not going to miss it?
    The EVO 4G has a huge 4.3 inch touch screen runs on Android 2.1 with an improved interface and Friendstream Sense HTC but to get them to drool to see their full specifications.

2.- Mobile Phone Monopoly Droid-2

Droid 2 Reportedly Will Have a 1GHz CPU , 8GB internal memory , 5MP camera, a keyboard and Android 2.2 WIDER Froy .
    The most important development report in the new device is the keyboard That has-been overhauled and features keys would Slightly Raised That are not gold and D -pad. The lower edge of the phone ‘s keyboard layer is Completely Covered by the screen.
    Other features are Identical to the original Droid . Motorola Droid 2 will allow for Wi -Fi tethering . It will have an updated version of MOTOBLUR, Motorola ‘s push- based social networking service.

3.- Mobile Phone Monopoly Iphone-4G

This new smartphone will now support 802.11n WLAN , higher screen resolution 960 × 640 pixels , 720p HD video recording, Improves battery life, and front -facing camera for video calling via iChat.
    OS : Apple iOS4, 5 megapixel camera of 720p HD video recording at 30fps, 5x digital zoom, LED flash, and “tap to focus ” functionality, iMovie app, Up to 32GB of storage, Built on Apple ‘s, A4 processor, Supports WiFi 802.11n, Dual Microphones, iBooks, iad

In my opinion these are the three principal mobile phone right now.

34. SteveoMc profile image72
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

The may not be the best phone, but look at the deal:

Virgin Mobile USA

LG Rumor Touch

Touch everyone with this super social connector. It features a large 3-inch touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and easy access to Facebook®, Twitter®, and MySpace™. It also comes loaded with a 2.0 MP camera, maps and navigation, and a lot more.

1200 minutes, Unlimited Text, Email, Data and Web  $40/Month
    Unlimited everything:  $60/Month

And there are a lot of hacks for the phone for games, etc.

35. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Samsung or Nokia

36. madeline Oscar profile image61
    madeline Oscarposted 13 years ago

Go for Apple iPhone 3G

37. CrazyMark profile image61
    CrazyMarkposted 13 years ago

of course ,,Iphone..I love it!

38. passthejelly profile image71
    passthejellyposted 13 years ago

I love my HTC incredible.

39. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

My opinion - It's got to be without a doubt the Apple iPhone.

40. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

nokia 1100, we used to hit a target with it lying in some distance, still my father has managed to use it for 8 years and still using.possesses long battery life[5 days] and it's harder than you can imagine.

41. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

its only around 30 dollar

42. Ih3artP!nk profile image61
    Ih3artP!nkposted 13 years ago

Droid X definitely

43. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Any cell phone that doesn't DUMP my contacts or malfunction and lose my contact list is the best cell phone lol

Right now - samsung smartphoneSCH-R351

44. hsjessie profile image59
    hsjessieposted 13 years ago

I'd have to second mobilephone guide's thought, "it really depends on what you WANT and NEED".
    I use a Blackberry Bold and I love it.  I can e-mail, text, surf, and use WiFi. Most of all I can make phone calls. It does what "I" need.
    My dad has a Nokia from 5 years ago that makes phone calls and is easy to read.  That is all he uses it for so that is the best cell phone to him.
    I have tried many other phones borrowing from my friends: the Droid, HTC, iPhone and while the touch screens are cool in theory they never seem to work quite right.  Not to mention if you have large hands or fingernails. It's funny when I watch my friends show me how awesome their phone is only to have an issue when they can't get it to scroll right or press a spot on their screen where it should work.  They seem to grin and bear it since it was usually a large purchase and they are stuck with the phone since they signed a contract.  This causes many of them to fight to the death to defend how "amazing" and "awesome" their phone is.  Who would want to admit they bought a bad phone?
    Service is an issue all on it's own as well. You can have an amazing phone, but if AT&T or Verizon don't cover that area well, your out of luck.
    With all that aside and my biased opinion of the Blackberry, I would have to say the best phone is anyone that is using Android.  I think the open source nature allows for it to grow exponentially and will let users personalize it more to themselves.  There really will become a time when they will have an "app for that" which everyone can use, not just proprietary iPhones.

45. xixi12 profile image69
    xixi12posted 13 years ago

Honestly, I think sony ericsson is the best. Its user friendly. I have used a blackberry and an iphone and it took a while for me to learn all its functions

46. INKcredible profile image57
    INKcredibleposted 13 years ago

A jailbroken iPhone!

47. MrKnowledge profile image60
    MrKnowledgeposted 13 years ago

I got the Samsung Vibrant, which, so far, is great! 16gb internal storage with an sd slot for more storage, a big screen with great color and graphics processing, and a lot more really great features. I'm very happy with it

48. profile image53
    jl8105posted 13 years ago

well if you wanna see what phone and carrier are better goto this site they you can look at all carriers and phones and whats nice is they are all competeing on this website so you get better deals than you would in the store or online at there direct website http://www.instantsuperstores.com

49. Csanad profile image71
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

I'm not a big fan of cell phones. I really hate it when you are in the middle of work and suddenly start ringing. They when you go back to work, you have to pick up your chain of thoughts again. I buy only the most basic ones and even those are used ones. I do not want to spend more the a few buck on a phone. Oh, and those touch screens really irritate me. I prefer solid-key, smaller phones.

50. FreedomWireless profile image59
    FreedomWirelessposted 13 years ago

The best Cell Phone service is FREE !

http://www.freedomwirelesscellphone.com
    http://www.libertyfreedomnetwork.com/25003

Just eliminate this bill...stop the maddness

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)