jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Facebook Unseats Google As Most-Visited Site

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago
  2. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

I find it interesting to have seen this article on the same day that Yahoo released an article about how the FBI is on the social networking sites catching criminals.

Kind of ironic.

Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So this is like a proof that virtual world is no more a separate thing, it has very much become part of our everyday lives.

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Criminals will go where there are targets.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just saw that article and posted in on my FB wall, it was about privacy online, maybe not the same one.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

I would say it's "more proof" of just that. Heck, not that long ago, I saw a video of a guy who posted his relationship status change to FB DURING HIS WEDDING! Right before he "kissed the bride."

Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I too read or heard that. And exactly, its "more proof", now everyday we'll see more proofs.smile

4. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

"Facebook topped Google to become the most visited U.S. Web site last week, indicating a shift in how Americans are searching for content."

I think they've missed the point. It's not being used as a search, it's being used as a means of communicating, broadcasting and entertainment.

Something I found interesting while doing keyword research is that in a month there are over 1.1 BILLION searches at Google for the exact term facebook.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've never understood why people type a site into a google search...  hmm just enter in the address bar..

5. L3B0 profile image77
    L3B0posted 6 years ago

WOW!! Thats insane, poor Google (Former Most Visited Site) must be crying in a pool of jealousy smile..Goooood for Facebook, well done!!
    tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

smile

6. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

Yes, it's nuts. The guy that created Facebook is only 25 and he's worth over $4 billion now (from what I read).

7. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

there is no point in comparing facebook and google. Both have a totally different purpose

8. Research Analyst profile image77
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

Facebook is providing a platform for advertisers to reach a target audience and it will be more streamline and specific which is something Google has not been able to accomplish.

9. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And without a doubt, with the most recent activity of HubPages members, utilizing FB more for sharing their article has helped to do that. wink smile

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

very true

still hate FB though smile

10. profile image61
    sparkiy08posted 6 years ago

Umm I think this is stupid. FB is stupid. Atleast google gives you information. FB only lets you play games and tlk to friends.

11. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hmmm......? I get readers for my hubs from Facebook.  I among others actually share our hubs with Facebook, when we publish them. Therefore, we do get visitors/readers/viewers.

Do they translate into clicks? Who knows, my concern is traffic. lol

working