jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Commenting on Spamming

1. mailxpress profile image72
    mailxpressposted 7 years ago

Hello everyone,

I belong to many different websites to write articles and hope people find the title interesting enough to click the link to read and when it happens I am thrilled.

Does anyone find it extremely annoying when people send you a private message promoting their article/blog/website?  I do, I think a member of a website is contacting me to discuss some comment or article but instead it's the private message is something like this,

Nice,
    good job,
    plze visit bla bla bla.

It's bad enough I get spammed at my two regular email addresses but I find it to be even more aggravating to receive a private message with my user account.

I have no idea who the person is and I feel it's intrusive besides it the information not being requested by me.

I would like to know if anyone feels the same as I do.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I do get other spam. The one I hate is people coming to Hub Pages and joining so that they can spam the forums and comments sections of popular hubs. That irks me.

2. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Guess I do not get read often enough for that to happen to me or at least it hasn't happened to me.

mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I belong to eight revenue sharing websites and at least twice a week I get private message spam.  Hate it.
      mailxpress

3. chinweike profile image42
    chinweikeposted 7 years ago

I have received such mail once. But, all i did was to hit the delete botton.

Hi chinweike,
      Hubpages should have a report spam button.  Some revenue websites have that.  I think it's a good idea.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
        Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is a report button on the forum and one for a hub. Unfortunately if in the comments section it is up to the author of the hub to report the spam.

Thanks

2. chinweike profile image42
        chinweikeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Mailxpress, I saw the report botton but simply forgave the offender the first time. He may not be so lucky the second time.
        Cheers!

3. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you receive emails from HubPages members and they are requesting you to see a website or blog outside of HubPages, and not one of their hubs, then MARK SPAM on that puppy.

You will notice at the bottom of every email delivered to you via HubPages has a link for marking SPAM emails.

Click the link and report them. Again, only do that if they are not requesting you to visit one of their Hubs.

I receive emails from many hubbers, asking me to visit their hubs. I am honored that other Hubbers want me reading their stuff. And, I do read their hubs, as long as it is along my interests.

I have received some emails which I haven't reported as SPAM but just deleted, because the likelihood I would be receiving another was slim.

Just thought you should know about the link in HubPages emails.

I got it.  Thanks a bunch.
          mailxpress

working