jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

So....

1. ChristinaScibona profile image83
    ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago

I have purchased my first domain name but have yet to find a host.  I have been doing some research through the forums and hubs but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  Thanks.

1. thooghun profile image88
      thooghunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can only say that I have always been particularly impressed with GoDaddy. But then again I have only tried a handful over the years.

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hostway has worked well for us for about a dozen different web-sites

2. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Free host option:

- weebly
    - tumblr
    - blogger

Paid hosts:

- justhost.com (3.45$/month)
    - fatcow.com    (3.50$/month)
    - dreamhost.com (9.50$/month)
    - bluehost.com(3.95$/month)

3. ChristinaScibona profile image83
    ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the help...I have checked and research godaddy and the opinions vary.  What is the difference between paid and free?  Is it better to go with paid hosting or does the free hosting work just as good?

4. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

servage is pretty good, highly functional, and is my host of choice (message me and I can give you a link which gives you 25gb extra space and me 2 months free hosting big_smile)

If you only plan on having one simple website though, GoDaddy is a pretty safe bet.

And yeah nothing wrong with free sites such as blogger if you are willing to put up with having a subdomain!

ChristinaScibonaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I sent you an e-mail smile

5. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago

I highly recommend Hostgator.

Mike smile

Mike-
      I tried to use hostgator yesterday and I kept having problems with it...maybe it is just me LOL smile

6. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Your files are hosted on free servers and can get deleted without any notice from them. With paid option you've all control over your data.

if you want to start with simple site then blogger/tumblr offers domain hosting,check that.

And Mike is right, you can also host on hostgator.

Thanks Skyfire...I def want to protect my files...don't want them to get deleted...I better go with paid hosting huh?

1. skyfire profile image71
        skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you just want to host personal blog then there is nothing wrong with free hosting like blogger/tumblr, but if you've any intention of money-making site/blog then you need to protect your articles & other data so paid hosting is option in that case.

working