jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Probably asking a stupid arse question here but...

1. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

anyone know anything about outlook express? When I try to reply to someone on my website this is the email service that pops up. I dont want to use this service does anyone know how to change it to yahoo or gmail?

It will not pop up the window to where i can just copy the email nor will it let me set up a connection at all so i need to change this because i have no way of responding to anyone that visits my site.

HELP! please and thank you

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I get this too.  All I do is right click the link instead of left-clicking it, and choose "Properties" - then I can see the email address and copy it.  Then I open my yahoo account and send the email.

It is more fiddly so maybe the google toolbar is the way to go!

2. Dense profile image66
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To change to gmail, ie make it auto pop up by default:

1. Dense profile image66
        Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apologies. The article above is not out yet. sad
        Try these methods instead:
        1. Get Google Talk, an IM by Google
        2. Get Gmail Notifier
        There are other ways like Google Toolbar as mentioned by Marisa above but I always stay away from toolbars which are a security concern. Also, you can tweak Firefox to do it but you will have to google for it. smile

3. 0
      pburgerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe your solution is to tell your operating system to stop using outlook express as the default email service. The exact steps will depend on your OS...

I may have the steps if you use Windows XP or Vista...

2. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Sorry Pinky I have no idea but wanted to say hi.

1. 0
      pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol hi

3. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

So everything (other than your E-mail) going ok?

1. 0

yeah everything is great .. i'm getting a new kitten tmw YAY!!

4. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

I have been too lazy to fix this myself - I think somewhere in the past I made it my 'default' browser and need to go back and change it to Firefox. smile

1. 0

my default browser is firefox and has never been outlook so i have no idea what the heck is the deal

5. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Do you have another mail program on your computer other than outlook? If not you can get a free one here.

If you have two it will give you a choice of default.
    Thunderbird is good. It is made by the same company as Firefox.
    Thunderbird like outlook is not a browser, it is mail client software. It will also handle your gmail accounts if you want it too. Totally free, probably one of the best. smile Good luck!

1. Ign Andy profile image60
      Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will recommend Thuderbird also, and please be careful with outlook express, this application has small limitation email database and easily crash.  You better do periodic back up.

6. 0
    jarlaxle180posted 6 years ago

I don't know for firefox, but for Chrome, there's an extension here:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de … ljbbgaiboc
    that just replaces all mailto links in the document with gmail composition links.

There is probably a similar extension for firefox -- you'll have to do some browsing (tools --> add-ons).

7. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this was answered, so I'm adding:

You need to change your default setting for your email.  Change it from OE (which I happen to love, by the way) to whatever it is that you use.

Use your help feature and search, "How to change default email address."

8. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you get the google toolbar, or the gmail windows notification program you should be able to set gmail as your default email service!

9. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Ditch O/E and follow Earnest's instructions.... An excellent, user friendly program... good luck smile

10. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

thanks for all your help ... wouldnt you know as soon as i ask for help i lose internet but i will def be trying these suggestions