jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Opera is blazing fast on netbook

1. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Ive recently been greatly hampered and annoyed by poor performance from firefox on eeepc - seems firefox rewrites to often for my SSD -

So i gave opera a shot - its blazing fast!

I still need firefox for my custom add-ons setup - but it looks like I have a new browser for when Im actually browing!

Give Opera a shot, if its this fast on my netbook, I can only imagine how it must perform on a full desktop or laptop

http://www.opera.com/download/  (the built in speed dial is probably great for those who dont have highly customized setups too)

2. 0
    LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago

I love Opera, it's the fastest browser out there, I use it for almost all the times, though sometimes its not compatible with some sites.

3. sunforged profile image68

Just got done with a hub composed while using opera - super fast to work with the edit console but it wasnt able to move the modules in the right pane - really wasnt a bother though.

If it wasnt for the fact tht my firefox on my desktop is set up so incredibly sweet (it does just about everything but tpe for me) I would be a full convert.

For the netbook, opera is now my main browser - ill just pull up firefox for competitive analysis

4. 0
    LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago

I like Firefox for its customizability, but I usually add on so many things, that it just gets bogged down.

5. sunforged profile image68

the add-ons def do that, but usually you can figure when one is a real hog after you install it and just uninstall.

Apparently FX 3.5 changed the way it writes to your hard disk while browsing so its quite a bit more active now - not supposed to be noticed on a traditional hard drive, but on the solid state you find in most netbooks and ultra compacts the difference is huge.

I was considering throwing my router through the window - but luckily I found better ideas in eeepc forum

6. ericsomething profile image81
    ericsomethingposted 6 years ago

I'm using Opera (10.5) on my desktop Linux box, and on this ancient machine (383 MB) it's the only browser that can handle all the online stuff I throw at it. I use Google Chrome on my netbook, though.

7. Csjun89 profile image74
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

Wow you're using a SSD, heard they were wicked fast!
    I currently use Firefox Opera and Safari on my computer, but firefox gets really slow with the addons

Guess I'll use Opera more now!