jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Ebook reader advice

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm debating buying an Ebook reader. I'm torn between the Kobo and the Sony readers. The Kobo is just a basic reader with no extras. The Sony touch offers the ability to bookmark and to underline. Of course, it costs $150 more than the Kobo. Then there is the Kindle and I'm intrigued by the wireless aspect of it.

Does anyone here have any experience with Ebook readers and could advise me?

Right now I use my netbook to read ebooks, I use the mobi application that works quite well and I have a program that lets me rotate the screen so I can hold it like a book. However, I'd like something even more portable than my netbook.

2. ediggity profile image59
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

I've heard the kindle is really nice.  Have you thought about an iPad or iPod touch?  You can get books on those also.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've had an iPad for just over a month now, and it does a lot of things as well as working as an eBook reader.  I'm about to take it on my second trip since getting it, and in addition to carrying a few dozen books to read, it's got my calendar, I can write on it, I get email and net access wherever I have WiFi, it's an iPod... well, you get the idea.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I was thinking of something smaller than a Ipad though, and a bit cheaper.