jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Getting traffic to Squidoo Lenses

1. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Hi all,

Apologies for off-topicness, but has anyone here managed to get good traffic on Squidoo?

On hubpages if you build it then they come, but it seems different on Squidoo.

I set up one lens but I didn't like Squidoo much. But I've had a look and after one month I've only had 3 visitors for a lens on a very popular topic. Is it difficult to get traffic to Lenses? I don't have the same problem on hubpages - my 2 hubs (in this account) get plenty of traffic.

1. legbamel profile image61
      legbamelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm on the opposite side of this spectrum: I have dozens of lenses at Squidoo and only a few here.  I'm very comfortable with their layout and the wide range of options you get there.  I don't get much traffic on a lot of those pages but I wouldn't expect a popular topic to get attention anywhere without really working on promotion.

But linking between the two is much simpler from Squidoo: they allow you nine links to a site on a single lens before you get locked down for spam.  Here I had three to different pages on the same site and got shut down.

I haven't been here long enough to compare traffic results, though.  I wonder if any long-time squids are floating around who can answer that question.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I had exactly the same problem.  I wrote a couple of lenses on Squidoo then got caught up with HubPages and forgot about them.  I didn't expect a huge amount of traffic when I finally went back to check on them - but based on my experienced with HP, I expected to get more than 1 or 2!

3. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

That is where I was before coming here (excluding my own .com's), and I didn't have too many problems with it. Although, I do find getting traffic to Hubpages is much easier than to Squidoo.

I also find it much easier to navigate to other people's pages here, than on Squidoo. They put so many modules up and all this other stuff, that it's very clustered and more difficult to navigate, while Hubpages is lean and clean.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I find that Squidoo and HubPages operate differently as far as what does best on each site, but for both my strategies are the same:  organic search traffic, not a lot of promotion on my part.

Both sites show much better results from pages that have "matured," by which I mean are lenses/hubs with substantial, original content that are over a year old.