jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Videos choppy all of a sudden

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Since yesterday I can't seem to run videos from YouTube. They are all choppy and stick often.

I upgraded my Java, that is all I can think of.

Any idea how I can fix it or if it is indeed Java that is the problem? I even uninstalled my browser and re-installed it.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey UW, have you wiped out the cookies and other assorted files that do not need to be on your computer. Sometimes that has an effect on the use of memory to run videos.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing the problem. It could be the browser, but IE has had problems as of lately with the newest upgrade of IE 8.

I know that Firefox once in a while stutters, but no too often to be that much of a big deal. Then again, I'm also running a computer that is half full and about 2 years old. lol

3. beth811 profile image70
    beth811posted 6 years ago

Latest version of FF can be the problem. Try Google Chrome.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Mine always used to be choppy-- then I upgraded to a new OS and they are running smoothly.  Using firefox with Mac OS 10.6.3

5. beth811 profile image70
    beth811posted 6 years ago

And if you are using FF, disable add-ons and plug ins that are not really needed.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I have tried all this advice and it's not working. I've even checked my connection and that is fine. Maybe I'll try upgrading or replacing flash.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image83
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Once you have done that, double check your settings for your actual account in Youtube. I discovered one day that the settings for internet speed had changed after I found a few videos were previously fine, but then kept getting that whirly white update circle every few seconds.
      Changed the settings back to broad-band and now seems fine.
      If you do an update to flash, do it in IE, not in Firefox.
      Hope this helps you UW

7. Uninvited Writer profile image82

Thanks for the advice.

They are okay now. I ran Chk Disc and it seemed to clear it all up. I will check those speed settings though.

working