What I would like to do is setup a website where people write about how we can culturally solve some of the problems of our time (such as politics, the economy, health, media, etc.). The articles will have to be reviewed by someone to ensure that the writing quality is up to par and that the logic is sound.
I'd like it to be a place where people can express their radical ideas. It's a sort of think tank about all different issues.
First, what do you think of the idea
second, is there an issue that you are passionate about that you'd like to write an article on? I will be reviewing the articles. If it catches on, I may need to hire people to review the articles.
suggestions, comments, questions...
There are many such sites out there. It's great to compile ideas and brainstorm solutions, however it's all for naught without an action plan. You must have an organized effort behind the ideas to implement the ideas your membership seems to endorse. Without the substance of action your website will not last long. I'd suggest aiming your efforts to certain segments and maximizing them. Perhaps one of the following:
- Improving child education and various ways of enacting those ideas
- Energy conservation and the promotion of such changes
- Adoption and it's promotion over abortion
- Fiscal responsibilities of the states and lobbying for such
- Alternative medicines and treatments for Alzheimers and Parkinsons and it's advocacy
- Support for families with child mental dysfunction
- Solving homelessness
- Improving and expanding international cooperation to aid and uplift the impoverished
- Promoting self reliance and lowering the dependence on government and other entities for the welfare of the self
as long as you also post lots of photos of you and your friends at the beach, I'll be cool with it!
Also, the question of equal pay for women could be discussed and then we all go out for a couple beers?
lol. Thank you for the suggestions. There are many sites like the one I discussed. Unfortunately I have a tendency to want to be the initiator instead of being a member of one of them.
goldenpath - Your suggestions are very good! Currently my objective has been to diminish peoples' desire for fast food. My roommates have stopped eating it! haha. I want to know how to make a bigger splash, that is, to obtain a bigger audience.
Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.
That is a very noble cause. However, as I continue to learn the culture of the internet I would submit that in order to acquire a growing following one must first consider the individual of the internet. I don't have an answer for you but in conjunction with your cause ask yourself:
- Are the mass of internet users the type to be addicted to fast food?
- Are the prospective following people of regular fitness?
- Are the prospective following going to gain inspiration from your site or will they probably remain in their seat in front of the computer?
These kinds of question need to be considered by anyone wanting to start up a site on the internet as well as out in the world. OK, let's remain with fast food for a minute:
- Would your target benefit by narrowing down to a specific type or process of fast food to discuss?
- Would your target's attention be alerted with some real simple exercise techniques for those who consume fast food and yet are often bound to the internet?
- Would views increase by writing about and polarizing an issue of the day regarding fast food (something in the current news)?
- Would legitimacy be served by having someone certified or qualified to offer support or advice online?
Again, I have no answers. I'm just offering food for thought. Not fast food though!
Best of luck to you!
by SpanStar5 years ago
Please Join Us so We Can Criticize You!Can someone tell me what is this insatiable desire to criticize people??It seems like there is almost no website you can go to where people are notsalivating over the idea of...
by Mohammed Abdullah Sherwani2 years ago
I just had another thought in my mind. Why don't we all follow each other? Specially the newbies. It will give support and encouragment for each other
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.