jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

There is definitly something up with iOS 4 . . . .

1. climberjames profile image60
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

I installed the new iPhone update iOS 4 to my iPhone 3g yesterday, whilst the new email layout and ability to group apps is great along with subtle home screen changes my iPhone has become slower, has anyone else out there experienced similar effects?

1. flounderingsahm profile image75
      flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have the 3Gs and haven't noticed anything different.  But, to be honest, I haven't been using it heavily since the upgrade.  I typically use it more on the weekends when I am out and about.   

I did, however, have a problem with the upgrade.  It crashed the phone and I had to do factory settings and restore from backup.  Annoying, but at least I didn't loose anything!

My favorite change is the picture zoom.  I love it!

1. climberjames profile image60
        climberjamesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fortunatley mine didn't crash but took about an hour to update!

I really like the new email mailbox format as I have numerous accounts smile

2. 0
      darthpoopiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here. Got a 3G and upon updating to 4 notice at least 25% speed decrease and all my apps take turns crashing. Wished I would have left it on 3.xx and jailbroken. I was reading forums that claimed going from a jailbreak to a 4.0 update caused problems but a week prior I did a restore and when updating did a update to a new profile I guess u could call it. Did it fresh and it's just crappy. I've been wondering if some problems with txting and stuff aren't do to the spell check which I can't figure out how to disable.