jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Pop Up spam?

1. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

Has anyone every had a audio advertisement which they can't find where its coming from?
    I keep hearing a 'Calgon' advert saying I'm pouring money down the drain when I don't use Calgon sink unblocker, but I can't find where its coming from? I can't see any adverts within any webpages I have open, its been happening a few days and I have Norton antivirus

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

There are web pages that can have background audio, could that be the reason? Did you try to clear out the cache.

I think I recall you saying you recently did a clean Windows install. Don't want to have to do that again, I guess.

3. Richieb799 profile image62

I'm just running a quick scan with Norton, maybe this sounds dumb but I can't find the clear cache option firefox?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Richie

ctrl+shift+del keys on your keyboard, then click on the clear now button.

4. Richieb799 profile image62

I just downloaded an anti-spyware program which has detected somethreats, its worrying that spyware can sneak past norton without detection! thanks for your help WE

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Under the Tools menu, there should be an option to "clear private data," then be sure that clear cache is checked. (Otherwise under Tools: Options/ Privacy).

It would be interesting to hear what anti-spyware program that you have selected.

5. profile image61
    jessicawilliamsposted 6 years ago

Your computer has been hijacked. Which is another way of saying it's been infected with malware. Technically, you've been infected with the Mark.W0rm.

To get rid of this crud, you will need to download and apply some remedial software, like Spybot Seach-and-Destroy or Ad-Aware.

Before you do this, you will need to take a few steps:

Identify the components of Mark.W0rm:
    Most important: Protect yourself from this happening again. Get one of the programs listed above, or mentioned in one of the articles!....kaspersky coupon

6. profile image60
    ashwin9posted 6 years ago

working