jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

The miracle of the internet

1. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 6 years ago

The internet has brought all of us closer.  Imagine I could communicate with all of you, given the difference in culture and geographical location.  And it is in real-time! 

Unfortunately we can't communicate with the other communities which use different languages.  However, people like me from a different culture and from a remote location have to be a bit mindful that most readers are from the Western world, particularly the US.  Even in spelling, I try to use American English.  Looking from the "outside" I sometimes feel that many tend to forget that they are communicating with the whole world.

Isn't the internet the real miracle?

1. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. it's real science. smile

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah, Beelzedad said it before I did!

It's science;  something invented by man's knowledge and imagination.

3. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's really a mind-bending miracle in my life.  Yep, I'm a child of the 70's and remember the days without such technology.  I used the punched cards in college, and now, this.
      It's incredible.

2. Beelzedad profile image61
    Beelzedadposted 6 years ago

Sorry Brenda, didn't mean to steal your thunder. smile

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Please steal the thunder!   I hate storms!  hahhaa

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

Well, Internet is a miracle,we can ask questions and find answers right away and learn, and teach and earn money. A litle more of that and I will start to write poems, so I better shut up.

4. ilmdamaily profile image90
    ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago

Too true!

Though I tend to write and spell according to the English (British) tradition...you know, because they developed the language.

I'd probably rate the internet as one of the most important inventions of modern history.