jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Wordpress advice Needed. Add Related Posts to Pages Using Tags?

1. Barb H profile image67
    Barb Hposted 6 years ago

I’m attempting to add a related posts section to my wordpress Pages. I would like some feedback on what is the best method for doing this. I have been reviewing info on plugins/widgets but I’m uncertain of what would work best. I would like it to be customizable for each individual page using tags from posts. Is this even possible? I’m using the Thesis Theme.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Use the yet another related posts plugin (YARP) It uses various aspects of a post to calculate the most relevant related posts. and places links to them below the content.

You can find it be searching for related posts in the wordpress dashboard find plugins feature.

2. Ileane profile image61
      Ileaneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Barb H, I think I need you to clarify something. When you say wordpress "pages" do you really mean "posts"? It sounds like you do really mean posts and if so then the plugin mentioned by thisisoli should help.

2. content profile image76
    contentposted 6 years ago

I was going to recommend the related posts plugin as well.  If  there are certain pages that you don't want it to show up, then you can go into the code and hardcode that in there, but it requires knowing PHP and wordpress code.

3. VerticalMeasures profile image60
    VerticalMeasuresposted 6 years ago

YARPP is a good plugin - it allows you to set a lot of options on how the plugin will determine what is related or not.  It takes a bit of tweaking, but it does a good job of bringing in posts that are related which will help your readers find what they are looking for.

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

I like the similar post plugin - its a bit simpler to setup than YaRRP and does the same job - works on posts and pages too