Hubpages page on Facebook

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I joined the Hubpages facebook page a few weeks ago and I didn't really think much more about it, I see the posts when they appear on the newsfeed but I don't really go on the page.

Anyway I was busy procrastinating on Facebook earlier and on the 'Friends You Might Know' box the name Julianna Evans came up. It was only because I recognised the name that I thought it must be Facebook picking the names off the Hubpages page, and I just hadn't recognised other names before.

It made me wonder if my name was popping up on other peoples facebook pages. I've never given out my facebook details to people on here before because I'm not really that comfortable with people I don't know being able to see all kinds of things about me. Some people on here I know better than others and I wouldn't mind adding me, but the facebook page doesn't know that when it is 'people you might know'ing and most of the 3733 people on the page I don't know.

I've always hated that 'People you might know' box, I don't know why but I always have, and I know I'm just being stupid but something just really bothered me.

Rant over.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image86
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm~This gives me something to think about. I feel roughly the same way and hadn't really considered this issue but I think I will now.  Thanks for the rant! LOL