jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. Cari Jean profile image92
    Cari Jeanposted 6 years ago

Has anyone heard of VigLink? If you've used it on your blog or website have you had any success with it?

1. 62
      easssposted 6 years ago in reply to this

just joined a few days ago

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I thought this site sounded promising so I signed up, but it's all a bit confusing.

Basically, you sign up for Viglink, add the code or plugin to your website or blog, and then you can create links to any of their merchants.  They will automatically make the links affiliate links. 

That has lots of advantages - you don't have to muck around creating the links, you don't have to worry about them changing on you, and you don't have to sign up or track individual affiliate programs.  They do take a commission, but they claim that because you'll never have a broken link, it will all even out.

But having joined, I'm frustrated. You can't get a list of merchants so you know what you can link to - you have to think of possible merchants and ask, one by one, whether they're included.

You can choose to convert your existing affiliate links to their links, so I thought it would be an idea to convert the Amazon links on my blogs to theirs.  Viglink pay by Paypal, which will avoid the bank fees I have to pay when Amazon sends me a check.

Unfortunately, though their front page advertises Amazon, once you've signed up they say you can't use it. !?

The other thing they're not clear on is whether you can only use a simple link, or whether you can use images from the merchant's website as you could if you were a full-blown affiliate.

1. Cari Jean profile image92
      Cari Jeanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this reply. I also just read your hub on VigLink - I'm a little confused too but I'm slowly beginning to understand. It will be interesting to see if either of us attains any success with it.

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Note: do not mistakenly Google "Virglink"

I doubt the women there have refrained from having relations