jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Does Google see backward key words?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Allow me to explain. Let's say your trying to use the key word "big pink dolls" in your hub or article. If someone types in "pink dolls big" or "big dolls pink" will Google still show your post in the results?

I know they will skip words to find you. Like, if you said "big and fun pink and red dolls" Google will bold the words big, pink and dolls.

But what about backwards, will you be found as long as all the key words are in your article? I assume not but I'm not sure. Just curious,,,, smile

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Yes, but in a situation where a page with the same amount of SEO has the words in correct order, I believe it would rank higher.

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Moreover, those who really want big pink dolls  learn to quote the phrase to avoid seeing unrelated results.

1. sunforged profile image63
        sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to see stats on that.

Google users still dont know the difference between their search bar and their URL bar.

which is why you will see IM'ers attempting ploys like these

http://hubpages.com/hub/www_netflix_com

2. Peter Hoggan profile image84
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It’s very rare that I see exact match searches appearing in GA. I too would be interested to see anything that supports this.

3. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Thanks both of you. Some key phases people type them in several different ways, which is why I asked. I'll just pick the one I think most type in, then sprinkle different ways throughout the article. smile

4. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

On page factors are thought to account for around 20 to 30% of the overall relevancy given to a page. The rest comes from other areas of which links and their associated anchor text is by far the biggest driver of rankings.

It doesn’t matter to any great extent whether the page uses "pink dolls big" or "big dolls pink" what matters is what your links say.

If you use both enough times in your links then you will rank for both.

working